The breakfast cereal thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of Batman ceral, I tried some of the current cereal and it's actually pretty good: very flavorful, I think. I like it.

I thought I mentioned this before, but Cinnamon Toast Crunch is one of those cereals that's a gamble: every once in a while you'll get a bad box, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have the Superman in possession right now. I just plan to open it tomorrow. I don't know if it's going to be as good as Batman.

But that Batman cereal is one of the best ones I've had as of late. Almost as good as Oreo-o's, I'd say. It could have been a real bust, but those flavors really pop. I don't care if the movie sucks, that cereal is the best thing to come out of the DC movie universe so far.

Anyway, I also have seen the past couple years, a special "limited edition" Lucky Charms specifically for St. Patrick's Day. It has different marshmallows, ones that evoke the "pot of Gold" myth with "coins" and extra green clovers.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, so that's what happened to the pots of gold charm. Thought it weird that it was removed from the lineup. At least we have as full a rainbow as we'll ever get once again: pink heart, red balloon, orange star, yellow hourglass, green clover/shamrock, blue moon, purple/violet horseshoe, and the rainbow itself. They've promoting the new diamond charm in a couple commercials last year, I'm taking it as a "white" diamond to replace the white clouds that were also removed. Too bad we'll never get anything for indigo like lightningbolts.
Oh, and apparently each charm that's part of the cereal's main lineup is meant to give Lucky a different power, so there's that too.

BTW: Snagglepuss as a pitchman? Er, was that supposed to be Snaggletooth instead? Because as far as I remember, and I know this is kinda deviating the thread into Hannah-Barbara territory... But wasn't Snaggletooth a male "tiger" and Snagglepuss meant to be his female love interest counterpart? :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Y'know, with the whole health food craze that's going on, not to mention the whole childhood obesity epidemic, I'm kind of surprised we even still have cereals like Reese's Puffs or Cookie Crisp, considering the candy/ cookies for breakfast angle.

Did any of you guys read the ridiculousness of ridiculousness that apparently according to studies, Millennials don't eat cereal anymore because it's "too messy"? I guess this is just further evidence of how truly lazy we are in this country anymore, since apparently it's too much of a hassle for Millennials to wash their bowls and spoons after they finish eating cereal so they don't eat cereal anymore. I will say this, though: there are certain cereals that leave behind a funky after-smell when you finish eating them, so you really have to wash your bowl soon afterwards to get rid of it; Golden Grahams is actually one of those cereals.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Huh, so that's what happened to the pots of gold charm. Thought it weird that it was removed from the lineup. At least we have as full a rainbow as we'll ever get once again: pink heart, red balloon, orange star, yellow hourglass, green clover/shamrock, blue moon, purple/violet horseshoe, and the rainbow itself. They've promoting the new diamond charm in a couple commercials last year, I'm taking it as a "white" diamond to replace the white clouds that were also removed. Too bad we'll never get anything for indigo like lightningbolts.
Oh, and apparently each charm that's part of the cereal's main lineup is meant to give Lucky a different power, so there's that too.

BTW: Snagglepuss as a pitchman? Er, was that supposed to be Snaggletooth instead? Because as far as I remember, and I know this is kinda deviating the thread into Hannah-Barbara territory... But wasn't Snaggletooth a male "tiger" and Snagglepuss meant to be his female love interest counterpart? :confused:
No, Snagglepuss. In the late 50's/early 60's many H-B characters had commercials promoting Kellogg's (their sponsor with the deep pockets). They appeared in various commercials. They didn't appear on the front of the boxes, but there were various cartoon scenes on the back.
Huckleberry Hound and Top Cat pitched Corn Flakes, Quick Draw sold Rice Krispies, Dixie, Pixie, and Mr. Jinks were behind Raisin Bran, etc.

Snaggletooth might've appeared in some ads with Fred and Barney's campaign for Post's Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles, but I don't think he ever had his own gig.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Y'know, with the whole health food craze that's going on, not to mention the whole childhood obesity epidemic, I'm kind of surprised we even still have cereals like Reese's Puffs or Cookie Crisp, considering the candy/ cookies for breakfast angle.
Those things seem to have been grandfathered in somehow. They're no less or more sugary than most breakfast cereals.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True, but what I'm saying is the angle of which they're advertised to kids - "candy/cookies for breakfast!" I'm surprised they haven't been run off the shelves yet because of it, considering kids are apparently not allowed to eat candy or cookies anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yet another article about long-forgotten cereals from years past:

http://metv.com/lists/12-long-forgotten-cereals-of-the-1950s

The only one of those I'm even familiar with is Jets, if only because I know Rocky and Bullwinkle have hawked it before.

That said, I didn't know Nabisco used to make cereal. And I guess it's better to have a big Scotsman named Otis to be a ceral mascot than Otis the town drunk of Mayberry.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yet another article about long-forgotten cereals from years past:

http://metv.com/lists/12-long-forgotten-cereals-of-the-1950s

The only one of those I'm even familiar with is Jets, if only because I know Rocky and Bullwinkle have hawked it before.

That said, I didn't know Nabisco used to make cereal. And I guess it's better to have a big Scotsman named Otis to be a ceral mascot than Otis the town drunk of Mayberry.
I read about Corn Fetti in one of those Uncle John's Bathroom Readers. The sugar coating on it was so thick that it was like eating glass. :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This odd cereal promotion commercial for Batman VS Superman popped up during Clarence or something and it couldn't have been a bigger WTFrag.

All together now...

Take on me (take on me)
Take me on (take on me)
I'll be go-o-o-ne.....