The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Dwayne,

I just wanted to make sure that you still plan on posting the answers to the questions in this forum. Let me know if I am right or wrong.

Matt
Yes The Q& A will be posted in here, I just need to klnow what everyones questions where.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey Mr Dwayne, sir! Personally I really do still like the questions being posted within this thread, however maybe there can be a way to make them more clear for you to see? For example, suggest a new rule, that all questions for Jim be posted in Bold or italiclae'. Also, if you want us to do some catch up on the thread, on your behalf, there are many new questions that can be answered without sending them to Jim, for example when someone asks, "What was your favourite project to work on?" We already have that answer from ages ago, that Jim's fav. project was writing the Classic Muppet Theatre pieces, and that his favourite Muppet is Fozzie.

Also, at this stage, Jim certainly won't be able to answer any questions about the new Muppet Movie, so it might be worth keeping the questions here, but putting together a clean-up team to sort the questions for you, and to answer the ones that don't need to be passed on to Jim. See what I'm saying?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thats a good idea I think that is really whats going on, and I don't want to be mean to the new froum memberes and tell them there questions are wrong. The main reason I wanted people to send me there questions was so i could have a track of what was already posted.

I would never want people to stop posting there questions on here. That would totaly kill the whole point of the thread. I was just really trying to reach out to some of the newer fans and get them kind of up to speed, and help them come up with some good questions.

Your also right Bo, Jim does not really like to answer questions about the stuff he is currently working on, or the Muppets are curently working on. He also does not like to talk to much about the Muppet preformers and who does what Muppet. He is a writer, that just loves the Muppets and happens to work with them. He has told me that he is cloes friends with the preformers and does not like talking about them with them not knowing. Other then that everything else is free game waiting for us to hunt and kill it so to speak.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would like to send some questions to Jim so If you have a question please post it soon.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Not exactly a Muppet question, but here's something to think about: if you could write material for any other fictional characters besides ones you've written for, who would it be?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Some Answers:

Questions For Jim Lewis

1. From Minor Muppetz: In the past there have been quite a few Muppet christmas movies and specials, one valentines special, and the rumored halloween special. Also, christmas and halloween seem to be the two holidays celebrated the most in fiction. But if Disney were to ask you to write a Muppet holiday special, but let you pick any holiday except for christmas and halloween (and valentines, sicne the Muppets have celebrated that), then what holiday would you pick?

Is summer a holiday? Well, that’s what I’d celebrate – the great vacation holiday that usually happens sometime between Memorial Day and Labor Day, complete with roadtrips, strange hotels, beach frolics and the discovery of the world beyond your own backyard. A roadtrip holiday – which is kind of what “The Muppet Movie” was if you think of it sideways.
Anyway, that’s my answer, even though it’s probably a cheat.

2. From Bobthepizzaboy: Not exactly a Muppet question, but here's something to think about: if you could write material for any other fictional characters besides ones you've written for, who would it be?

Wait, you’re not saying the Muppets are “fictional” are you? That’s crazy talk!...But, okay, I’d have to say that I’d most like to write for Gracie Allen (as in George Burns and Gracie Allen), in as much as her dizzy persona was a fictional construct. She was totally logical and thoroughly absurd at the same time. Brilliant stuff. If you don’t know it, find it on-line.
If you want a more traditional and contemporary answer, I’d have to say Jack Bauer. They guy needs to lighten up—nothing a few Fozzie-tested gags couldn’t fix. (“The following pratfall took place between 1 am and 2 am.”)

3. From Me Dwayne: There is a new video of Bobo and Beauregard on Muppets. com. You had said in the past that you found it kind of hard to write for Beau. Did putting him with Bobo, make it easier to write for him, and are we going to see more of the duo at any time.

Beauregard is a fine reactor, not as in nuclear, but as in reacting to other characters. His slowness on the uptake is all about timing and can be hilarious. So yes, I feel he needs to be onscreen with someone else for maximum effect. Was it my idea to pair him with Bobo? I can’t remember, though if you like the bit, then Kirk was probably the guy who came up with it. If you didn’t, it was me. As for more of Beau and Bobo together – I don’t know. Part of the wonderfulosity (Not an actual word) of the Muppets is that their ensemble rep company quality allows one to mix and match at will. And you never know what the result will be until you put them together.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Great answers. I didn't realize that there was a video with both Bobo and Beauregard on muppets.com (I didn't even know Bobo was on the site!).

Now for a new question...

Back in 1992, the Muppets made weekly appearances on Good Morning America. Did you write any of those sketches?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Mr. Jim! Mr. Jim Lewis sir! Hello! TogetherAgain again here, realizing it has been forever and a semester since sent a question to you. ...Okay, so maybe just a semester, but if you add in winter break and the couple weeks I've had of summer already... alright, I digress. My point is, I have a QUESTION again! Actually, multiple questions. In your esteemed opinion, of ALL the Muppets, who is most likely to be trapped in a mineshaft and why? Also, how would he or she get out? (Or WOULD they? Dun dun dun!)

Also, regarding the wonderful, marvelous, amazing, magnificent, incredible, fantastic, astounding, stunning, glorious Miss Piggy... Do you think her hairstyle has any effect on how you or anyone else writes her character? And is it possible to use too many complimentary adjectives when referring to her?

Thanks Jim!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
James! It's been far too long, my friend! Always good to have you as our question answering slave! I'm kidding, of course... you're more of a question answering serf.

Now! On to the question(s)! Are you a Mac or a PC?

On a completely different note, I recently recieved a signed photo of Gonzo the Great from the equally great Dave Goelz. He signed it "To Ryan, with cool regards from the center of your cosmos... The Great Gonzo & Dave Goelz." What does this have to do with you, you may ask? Well! IF you were to sign a piece of fan... signing stuff, what would you have it say? What character would you have on said signing thing? Would you even have a character? Or would it be a picture of you? What would you be doing in the picture? Why not just sign a picture of Steve Carrell and keep people guessing?

Thank you and good night!