The Book

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
February 19. 1900

A dazzling beige dress hung loosely over the shapely black mannequin, it had layer upon layer of rich fabrics, trims and floral accents—how breathtaking it seemed. It appeared to be the loveliest dress in the room. Oh, how she wished she could just stand there and admire it a few minutes more, rather than suffer the wrath of her primrose corset.
The sudden clutch of the corset made her gasp; she despised this burdensome routine with a burning passion. “Miss Piggy, could you loosen it up a bit?” Alex asked through gritted teeth. She tried so hard to ignore the pressure around her waist. “I’m sorry, dear!” She cried. “You simply must grin and bare it!” She added cheerfully. “Nobody said being beautiful was painless!” The porcine chirped, her golden ringlets bounced gracefully as she tugged at her string. Alex wrinkled her little nose with bitter defiance “I think I’d be prettier without it.” She muttered hotly. Although she did not see Piggy’s expression, she knew quite well that she was peeved pink. “Shut it, princess.” She growled.

“Whatever you say, Mrs. T. Frog.”

Alex taunted, a curl formed slowly at the edge of her cherry pink lips. At the slightest mention, her cheeks reddened in mute response. A dreamy glazed look danced in her round azure eyes. “I wish!” The enthusiasm in Piggy’s voice was inspirational. A true romantic! Something the young woman thought to be stupendously admirable. “I know!” she squealed. “And you’re going to see him tonight at the ball.” Alex added. The dress slid into her hands like silk “This is my first ball, you know…” She admitted somewhat timidly. Her sapphire eyes were fearful as she spoke, “I’m a little nervous.”.

The pig gawked at her. “Sweetie, what do I look like…a psychiatrist?” She said, flipping her hair a bit. “Maybe.” she challenged. Miss Piggy let out a fearful yelp “It’s the hair, isn’t it?” Panic was evident in her voice. She inspected herself in the mirror, wishing to be as flawless as possible for her beloved frog. Alex grew forgetful of her friend’s terrible dilemma when she snuck a glance to the lonely gown. It beckoned her and she obeyed. Piggy’s wails fell on deaf ears, once she put on the gown. Her sapphire eyes glowed with excitement when she saw herself in the mirror “It’s beautiful…” Alex uttered breathlessly. The pig stopped fussing over herself to spare a grudging glance. Her eyes softened “You look so pretty, Alex.”

They jumped at the sound of the creaking door. It turned out to be Edward, the kind butler of the manor. A little smirk played on his lips,

“Just don’t eat any poison apples on the way, Cinderella.”

---

A/N:
This fic is dedicated to my dear friends on MC.
Particularly to my favorite couple...
my buddies...

Alex and the Slug.

A toast to many years.

- Your self proclaimed Godmother
*Claudia*

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I know it's Snow White--but, I felt like putting Cindy...OK? x3

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Awwww...thank you so much, Claudia! This is great! I can't WAIT to read the next part!:smile: :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Post more! Post more! Post more!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
*huge grin* EEEEEEEEEEE! *GLOMP* I love it Squeege!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I'll try and post tonight.
I'm having some plot trouble.
It'll be ok! :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you need help plotwise, you know you can come talk to us privately.
Besides, I just posted... So you owe us now.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Darn.
I knew something smelled garlicy after you posted your amazing chapter.
;D

There was a catch afterall.
Bwaha!

Thank you, Ed.
I think I'll manage it.
WHEEE!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Peers in>

Ooooh... Very very nice...

Miss Piggy most definitely seems very much in character, which is quite an accomplishment... Your diction is fun, too, and you really show us very clearly what the characters are doing without getting burdensome with the details. My one teensy little suggestion is to start a new paragraph when you change which character is speaking, to make the dialogue a little easier to follow. Other than that, though, this looks absolutely wonderful... Schreiben Sie mehr, bitte! ...Whoops, a little residue from my German final. Sorry about that. MORE PLEASE!