The Best/Worst Song Covers Thread

AquaGGR

Reaction score
There was this album called "The Worst Tribute To The Offspring Ever", which was obviously a tribute to The Offspring, and yes, it was horrible. I don't remember exactly what it sounded like, but it was these terrible covers. The cover was trying to look like the cover to Smash, but failed. It had like an average of two or three stars on iTunes. Here's the track listing in case you're wondering:

1. "Hand Grenades" - The Cheats
2. "Session" - Endless
3. "Come Out and Play" - Curtis Subruban
4. "Have You Ever" - Atlantis Black
5. "Beheaded" - The Teenage Prayers
6. "Genocide" - Block 16
7. "Killboy Powerhead" - ****er
8. "Self Esteem" - Kuma
9. "Feelings" - Sixdeep
10. "Gotta Get Away" - Pure 13
11. "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)" - Thirty Stones
12. "The Kids Aren't Alright" - Apocalypstik

I'm surprised they didn't have "Hit That" or "Why Don't You Get a Job?", they're both pretty well known by the mainstream.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And now because I am a fan of the Offspring I must look theses up 8D

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I wonder if it was intentionally bad? After all, it's called "The Worst Tribute to the Offspring Ever".
The cover of "The Kids Aren't Alright" is okay, though.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Best: "One Way Out"- Allman Brothers
Worst:" I Think We're A Clone Now"- Tiffany. All the mallrats ate this up in 1988, then spit her out when New Kids on the Block showed up.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Personal Jesus by Marilyn Mason is amazing. That's saying something considering I really don't like Marilyn Manson or Depeche Mode, or really the original version of the song period.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
My Chemical Romance's cover of "Desolation Row" by Bob Dylan isn't really better or worse than the original, because it sounds nothing like it. Also, it's like eight minutes shorter than the original. MCR doesn't sound like a band that would do a Bob Dylan cover (but neither did the other artists on the Bob Dylan tribute album: Rise Against, Kesha, Miley Cyrus, Bad Religion).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm sure I've posted this somewhere else, but from "The Lawrence Welk Show", the most whitebread cover of "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" ever.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Two more contenders:
Best: "River Deep, Mountain High"- Deep Purple
Worst: "Dancing in the Street"- Mick Jagger and David Bowie

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm sure I've posted this somewhere else, but from "The Lawrence Welk Show", the most whitebread cover of "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" ever.

Somewhere in their archives is also a cover of "One Toke Over the Line".