The Best Toy Line Ever

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
After many moons I have finally convinced several of my major friends that Muppets/ Palisades has the BEST quality figures being produced at this time. After several arguments and having to denounce all of their pitiful entries, they have become convinced. Now several of them are out there trying to collect much of the series. The first callers spent a pretty penny on many of my duplicates, open AND sealed.

AND on top of all this good news, I have learned that (duh) Palisades does NOT make the 10 buck per figure dough. Theres some kind of discount for retailers to buy their stuff, so they actually make about half of that (don't know and don't care for actual numbers) and now I hve to plot to become an actual retailer in the near future so I can reap the rewards!!! Sweet dawgies!!!

There's only one thing more fun than spending money and that's spending your FRIENDS money...

And Ken, there are at least 3 more guarranteed buyers of the Sweet-Ums figure out there man!!!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Actually, they get more off of the SRP than that in some cases, and sometimes less, depending on where they take possession of the goods and what they order. I think that's typical of ALL retail/manufacturer relationships.

That's why you see more Con stuff...because sometimes you need that extra push from a Direct to Consumer sale to take a marginal volume line like Muppets into the black.

WiGgY

Reaction score
So if the muppets sell poorly, we get more con exclusives?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Not sure what that means...the Muppets have always sold a marginal volume when you compare it to the volumes necessary to properly amortize the fixed costs of making a plastic item across the number of units sold. It doesn't have the mass placement or appeal of Marvel, HeMan, Star Wars, Power Rangers, Batman etc. etc...

So it isn't a "if they don't do as well now" kind of thing...fact is they have always struggled on shelf against the other lines that people seem to be into and the exclusives have been around to help support the line since the very beginning.

WiGgY

Reaction score
They still don't have enough volume? Even with Target and TRU? How many retailers would it take to get the line on the same level as Marvel Legends?

dmx10101

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
They still don't have enough volume? Even with Target and TRU? How many retailers would it take to get the line on the same level as Marvel Legends?
Put them in every Wal-Mart store then that might be enough volume.

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Greatest toy line...

ResidentLilly said:
It doesn't have the mass placement or appeal of Marvel, HeMan, Star Wars, Power Rangers, Batman etc. etc...

Ken,

I am a huge fan of the Muppet toy line but also of the Masters of the Universe which Mattel has currently run into the ground. Their appeal is in the toilet. The fact is Mattel's poor marketing and horrible case ratios have pretty much killed that line. I wish they would have had someone like you guys over at Palisades that actually cares about their product take charge. There's talk of making it a collector's only line but I doubt that will happen. I guess I'll just have to keep collecting only Muppets! You guys rock!

Fragglerockr

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Sweet...

This is sweet indeed.... This post has given me hope for this line continuing more than any other post you have made Ken.

While I'm here and know you're listening, how secure is Suncoast as a retailer for the next few lines??? I ask because the manager of mine kind of overdid it with the last series and has peg after peg of series 6, even now. But I guess they are sold out of the rest of their stuff, which is a good sign. I really have to pay more attention in business 101 instead of getting all worked up over the sales of one retail store in a small area. Sheesh...

I'm too emotional for this line... HAHAHAHA... Anyway, keep up the good work, and kiss the sculptor of Sweet'Ums on the mouth for me.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
This is sweet indeed.... This post has given me hope for this line continuing more than any other post you have made Ken.
I don't understand...how come? I basically said that the Muppet line has struggled from Day One. What do you mean...I don't follow.

Whatever

Reaction score
ResidentLilly said:
I don't understand...how come? I basically said that the Muppet line has struggled from Day One. What do you mean...I don't follow.
LOL! :big_grin: I tried to figure that out too...