The best Muppet Movie ever

gonxo

Reaction score
all of you will proably think im crazy, but when i was little, a movie with all the muppets, seseame street, and fraggle rock characters got together for a christmas movie. they went to their grandma's house, and was the first time i had ever heard jingle bell rock. a key part to the movie was when the chef was walking and slips on ice..does anybody remember this movie

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are remembering "A Muppet Family Christmas". It is a one-hour special originally produced for ABC in 1987.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
It was Fozzie's mother's (Ma Bear's) house.

Just givin' the facts. :smile:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yep. Haven't seen the Disney World special in years so, yep. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Aw yes(see my MFC thread) Some people complained this was editied for dvd, but I dont really notice anything(Cept the scene where they watch Muppet Babies, its a bit abbreviated)
This is actually considered a 'special', as there has only been 8 Muppet films released theatrically(TMM, GMC, MTM, FTB, MCC, MTI, MFS, and EIG)

Get it on dvd, as it looks like it was filmed yesterday!
great stuff

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well, most people really don't count the 2 Sesame Street movies as "Muppet films."

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Well, most people really don't count the 2 Sesame Street movies as "Muppet films."<<<

Of course they are. IF there had been a FR movie(gosh dont we all wish) that would be a Muppet film as well. I think what ya mean is the Sesame films arent considered 'Muppet Show' films.
"Muppets" is a HUGE canon.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well, I usually use three terms: "Muppet Movies," (instead of films) "Sesame Street Movies," "Fantasy Films." Heck, the whole company (Creatures included) can be referred to as "The Muppets."

Will there be a debate? Stay tuned.

Salmoto

Reaction score
Well the official Henson response to that is, and I'm paraphrasing: "The cute ones are the muppets, the scary realistic looking ones that come out of Creature Shop we couldn't possibly consider to be Muppets." So the muppets are the bug-eyed pink skinned fluffy ones while the Creatures are the realistic looking or just overly monsterous ones.

As for movies, the only ones dubbed "Muppet Movies" are the ones that have familiar groups of Muppets like the ones from The Muppet Show or Sesame Street. Other films that the Creature shop only provided makeup and costumes for aren't considered muppet films. Imagine "The Witches" as a Muppet Movie......