The best and worst uses of Flash animation

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Fireworks is Adobe now

Its interesting. I really dont like firefox either, and my computer has rendered IE pretty much sucktastic with not being able to access flash content no matter what I try to do.

Why is google the hitler of the internet?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is google the hitler of the internet?
Seriously?

Well, considering that Google actually owns a huge chunk of what's on the internet, such as YouTube and whatnot, and how fascist they are when it comes to their online content, while completely ignoring user feedback.

Mark my words, one of these days in the future, if we're not careful, Google will practically own not only everything on the internet, but the internet itself.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You have to keep the Flash plug in up-to-date. That's the primary reason for crashes. It doesn't always notify you, but if you haven't refreshed the plug in for about six weeks then your Flash is old :sleep: hehe.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah...you got a point, but I think we need to be more scared of Apple :stick_out_tongue:

I'm thinking of trying Opera...it cant be any worse than IE

EDIT Darn you frog boy...now my post doesnt make sense :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You have to keep the Flash plug in up-to-date. That's the primary reason for crashes. It doesn't always notify you, but if you haven't refreshed the plug in for about six weeks then your Flash is old :sleep: hehe.
That is not an exaggeration boy, just a few weeks ago or so, I was watching something on YouTube, and suddenly, the video player disappeared entirely, and in it's place was a message saying I needed to upgrade to the latest version of Flash Player... and I just JUST done that not too long beforehand.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
i wish they'd only do quarterly updates, but it does help maintain the plugin.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think I tried Chrome once, but found it far too plain and simplistic,plus I'm not going to continue to support the Hitler of the internet.
WHOAHH!!! When did Google start the genocide of the Jewish people? Let's try not to call anything the Hitler of anything unless they do.

Now, the Robber Barrons of the Internet... say like J.P. Morgan or something... that's more apt.

[uquote]You have to keep the Flash plug in up-to-date. That's the primary reason for crashes. It doesn't always notify you, but if you haven't refreshed the plug in for about six weeks then your Flash is old[/quote]

My player makes me update it almost very day. Now, unless my computer's doing that insipid thing where it keeps corrupting its own updates and refusing to install them again, that's one thing... but it just... every time I update that stuff, I notice NO change, and something weird happens to my computer, and then the update didn't happen. Or it did and I can't tell.

But again, I MUST stress this is about animating in flash for television.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
WHOAHH!!! When did Google start the genocide of the Jewish people? Let's try not to call anything the Hitler of anything unless they do.
Well, obviously I'm not implying any anti-semitism here, rather, how much fascism Google practices: forcing users to switch to this, and upgrade to that, making useless updates that nobody benefits from, basically all their way or the high way... not to mention Hitler was one of the biggest fascists in our history.

But perhaps Google could be compared to Hussein, or Mousillinni, or Castro instead?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
forcing users to switch to this, and upgrade to that, making useless updates that nobody benefits from, basically all their way or the high way..
Sounds like every single software company known to man

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like Google, but don't like what they're trying to do with Google+ or the changes they've made to YouTube.

However, the Flash plugin is a free option so there really is no forcing.

I kind of think of the bad form of Flash animation like the bad form of Hanna Barbara animation. It can be overlooked if the story is really good, but when it's bad...it's really bad!!