The Beethoven Thread

Barry Lee

Reaction score
As a deaf person and as an artist, ive become fascinated with the music of Beethoven. It also amazes me that he was deaf, and still created amazing peices of musical art. I believe without the Classical genre if music, any music we would have from opera to rock would not exist.

This thread is just to discuss the work, life, and bust on Rowlf's piano. :sing:

Skye

Reaction score
I love classical music! :smile:

Mozart is my favorite composer, but Beethoven is definitely one of my very favorites. It is so impressive that he was able to compose such incredible pieces of music and to become such an important part of the classical music genre.

Beethoven is one of the classical music composers who I am always very happy to listen to. Great idea for a thread, Barry!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Mozart is actually my favorite as well, but this is not his thread so I guess I wont be talking about him here.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Definitely, I wasn't a big classical music person until I took a class in school. So much of it is beautiful and witty and skillfully done. And often considered anti establishment at the time, which might surprise some people!

With Beethoven, he's a perfect example of what human beings can accomplish presented with a challenge. :smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I also love Rossilini (sp?) he made some great music as well. Classical music in general has some great works. I wonder what Beethoven would be like in today's times though if he were alive? hmmm

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I actually have a lot of re doing of his original work. And when I say re-doings, I just mean current day symphony playing his work