The ant and the aardvark

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Thought it'd be neat to temporarily switch to an avatar of the blue aardvark. My first non-Ziffel avatar, but he does kind of resemble Ziffel anyhow. :smile:
I love it! I was always a bigger fan of the Aardvark. The Ant was sort of obnoxious.

Ziffel

Reaction score
3 to zero in favor of the Aardvark!

And thanks, redBoobergurl. It's especially pretty amusing seeing this avatar on a thread like this where I've made a lot of posts; pretty amusing when I scroll down the posts fast and see all the blue aardy's flashing by!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I thought The Ant and the Aardvark were very funny Ziffel. Sort of like the Road Runner and the Coyote except that they talked and that the mishaps that befell the poor Aardvark were usually rather mild as I remember them compared to the old Coyote.

And I love your Aardvark avatar. A change is as good as a holiday. So they say :wink:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thanks Martin. It's one of several avatars I like to temporarily switch to once in a while for fun.
Yeah I guess aardy didn't get it as bad as Wile E. But I still wouldn't want to be in his shoes. (Well, he didn't wear shoes. But Bert did. Remember his sneaks in "Doin' the pigeon?" :frown: ).

Ringlet

Reaction score
I'm so glad you posted that link. Thanks!
When I saw your avatar the other day I was like "cooool". It made me totally nostalgic for the cartoon and now with your link I can indulge.
Thanks again.

Ziffel

Reaction score
You're welcome. They are indeed a lot of fun. Just viewed one again.

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
I've always loved them, and have 'em all on a pretty-terrible-quality bootleg DVD. Only one line is dubbed; after the Aardvark sprays himself with some sort of bug spray, the Ant originally says something like "Man, he must be having a bad trip," but it's been replaced with dialogue from another cartoon. Still, the Aardvark is hilarious and these cartoons have always been among my all-time favorites. I love the termite one where the Aardvark is lying on the floor and says "Rotten termites."

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Thanks Martin. It's one of several avatars I like to temporarily switch to once in a while for fun.
Yeah I guess aardy didn't get it as bad as Wile E. But I still wouldn't want to be in his shoes. (Well, he didn't wear shoes. But Bert did. Remember his sneaks in "Doin' the pigeon?" :frown: ).
Oh yeah. I can barely remember Bert in full body form singing that classic song. I think he may have been doing some kind of dance as well. But I do remember the song "Doin' the pigeon" on some old Sesame Street album.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been watching a few of these cartoons on YouTube lately, and I have to be pretty honest... I'm not too impressed.

First of all, even by then, the concept had been played: Tom and Jerry, Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner, etc... the only difference is the characters in these cartoons actually speak, but even the dialogue seems like a less-than-stellar stand-up routine, especially the Aardvark with his painful one-liners I don't think even the laugh track could save. But even if it didn't have dialogue, it'd still be just another variation on the classic cartoon predator chasing after cartoon prey and never succeeding bit.