1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The (Animated) Adventures Of Ernie and Bert

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by IgorPonweed, Feb 16, 2007.

1. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

Looks like Waluigi.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to start making my quotes and avatars match. As for this:

There's a joke I made recently, Nintendo owes tatsunoko Productions 2 checks. One for the use of (this is the name of me Avatar currently) Boyaki from the show Yattaman as Waruigi, and another for the use of Team Skull as Team Rocket in pokemon (Seriously, if you guys ever hip yourself to Time Bokan, the series of odd Japanese time machine robot shows that Boyaki is from you'll know what I mean).

I like to put something obscure in to throw you guys off.
  3. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

You know I wonder how would Sesame Street looked like if it was animated, like it was during the 35th anniversary special: The Street we Lived on ?
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I've always thought it would be fun to see an animated version of the show but not in that same style drawing. I would rather see like an old fashion type of art for it. But it would be fun to see one. :p :(
  5. Drtooth

you mean, something allong the lines of Little Muppet Monsters, Fraggle Rock, or even the animated FTB segments? I get what you mean. Something truer to the puppets and not stylized. Like something that would walk out of a Sesame Street Children's book...

I gotta hand it to them making a stop motion series, though. I mean, they are still referred to as puppets. Just a totally different kind.
  6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Yeah. Something in the line of work. That would be something for SW to think about for a saturday morning show or something. I would love to see Sesame Street come out with something along lines just like Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies. Then i wouldn't mind getting up in the morings to watch this.
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I still would love to see all the characters get together for a real show other than the educational approach, especially since they are shooting fewer shows per season of SS. It'd be nice to see the SS characters on adventures or in full stories again.
  8. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I agree with you Kevin. That's what they really need to do. Either do it in real old style animation or just their selfs.
  9. Drtooth

Oh yeah.... A Sesame Sitcom. Something like the Muppet Show with Sesame Characters. I'd love to see that as well. Maybe they could even use the older characters (as long as they've been recast) in skits for the older fan's sake.
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Maybe they could create something for a DVD release it then see it if does good then bring it out on a certain channel.

I was thinking that in between the show have some older clips too. I don't know how this would work but it would be fun to see a story behind Ernie and Bert on how they first meet? I don't know just something to think about.
  11. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

The other thing I was thinking about was kind of like the old days when they would take the characters to Hawaii, Japan, China, or the Met Museum of Art--they would go out into the real world and not just be on Sesame Street. I'd be up for that in a show. Maybe we could get lucky and see more specials coming out that focuses on all the characters and not just Elmo. I always considered SS to be Big Bird's show, and somewhere along the lines it just became all about Elmo. I like my Elmo in doses, not hogging the show.
  12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I agree with you Kev. I would love to see some newer speicals like the older ones where everyone had a least a few scenes and not just a line here and there. And i'm the same way about Elmo. I've liked his character ever since i saw him and would love to see him at much as he gets air time but they need to tone him down a bit and get some of that to the other characters too.
  13. Drtooth

Problem is, there used to be the idea of random TV specials, period. That's a thing of the past.

Even on PBS. When pledge month rolls around, we see Wayne Dyer and Rich Dad Poor Dad hawk their books, while donating some as tax writer offs. And maybe a concert or two. Sometimes good ones, sometimes old fogies croaking out old hits from the 1950's.
  14. Taco Wiz

Taco Wiz Member

I'd rather have 2D animation like in Follow That Bird. Still, I'm glad that Ernie and Bert will be seen more often.
  15. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

This is all new to me.
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You mean pyramid scheme? That guy always has just one more book you need to buying ordered to learn the lesson and their is always one more book, lol!:p

But anyways, it would be so great if they showed these cartoon segments on the show sometime. *Is hoping!:halo:*