The "Adventure Time" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Weasel was surprisingly the first CN show to go beyond four seasons and 52 episodes, but that's on a technicality: it had four seasons and 52 episodes as part of Cow and Chicken, then it got an additional season on its own when the two shows split. Dexter, PPG, and EEE went beyond 52 episodes because they were legit smash hits and their popularity was their saving grace (Courage almost got the same consideration, but it wasn't enough); I think the deal with Johnny was because the original creator returned to the show after it was initially ended.

Sorry for derailing the topic.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hate to say it but, I have agreed with Snowthy about the season 7 of AT & RS. Granted the only CN shows I still watch is Steven Universe & Gumball. The season 7 thing bugs me the only classic CN show that got that was Grim only because of specials. Plus I did like the shows at first but, then I became bored with the shows later on sort of like how I became with P&F. Also, AT became ridiculous with their merchandise like Spongebob, such as a Monopoly game, really. Also about Clarance, his voice bugs me and the creator thing, I'm agreeing with Mr. Enter on that one. Sorry for this rant, I need to blow off some stem.
Well it shouldn't bother you too much,someone completely different is in charge of the channel now then their was back then.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also about Clarance, his voice bugs me and the creator thing, I'm agreeing with Mr. Enter on that one.
The creator of Clarence didn't do much on the show. He was easily replaceable, and even before the sexual harassment and assaults, none of the writing staff liked him. Punishing the show for the actions of one jerk vs. the rest of the well behaved talented staff that actually did the real writing doesn't make sense to me. He was fired, he was replaced, he's not working in mainstream animation ever again. Still don't see why they didn't "John K" his name off the creator credit though.

When it comes to CN, my beef is with TTG. Now, I actually dig this show, and if this is the worst thing the network has to offer currently, it's still a heck of a lot better than reality programs, dated internet video characters, or...eh...Johnny Test (which is still on Boomerang). My problems with it aren't exactly the same as the rest of the internet. I actually get a sick kick out of the show screwing with the original series' fanbase. But my beef is that they go to so many episodes where they're like Peter Griffin and become obsessed with one stupid thing and act like idiots for 11 minutes, but above all, the fact that it's their Spongebob. They run it every freaking chance they get. They made comedic sociopaths the goodwill ambassadors to Anti-Bullying initiatives. Despite all logical sense, they went purely by their overpopularity with the younger demographics. I'm glad Wabbit and Be Cool Scooby-Doo are adding more variety to the line up, but running that many Titans episodes a day is just...ugh.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Tonight's episode was really nice,I loved the music. I like how the season premieres always have something to do with the previous episode,i'd completely forgotten about the whole King of Oo thing and Bubblegum's name being Bonnie. it was neat to finally see Bubblegum's origins as well as her brother Neddy who was sort of cute,funny and annoying all at the same time.Looks like something they'll certainly revisit soon. Adam Muto has said this season will be less "heavy" then last season,which is a relief. You can already kind of feel the tone of the show lighten up a little even with the aftermath of Season six's finale being quite evident.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow. They wasted no time in pealing away the mystery of how P-Bubs came to be. Kinda takes the mystique out of it, but they had to reveal that sometime.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Wow. They wasted no time in pealing away the mystery of how P-Bubs came to be. Kinda takes the mystique out of it, but they had to reveal that sometime.
Well I definitely like how they gradually end story arcs over time,unlike some shows that try to wrap up every single plot thread in the series finale causing an extremely rushed and unsatisfying ending. Though between learning about PB's origins and the fact that we'll get 8 episodes that basically cover all of Marceline's life story,and the whole learning more and more about Finn's past last season, it sort of seems like we may be nearing the end.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... Mama Said was... ehhh... a special episode, wasn't it?

Really think the best part of the episode was the giant mushroom giving out various mushroom facts in a robotic voice while it was attacking Finn and Jake. Surprised the bit about Kombutcha managed to sneak in. That's alcoholic, right?

The Football episode was a real psychological thriller. Most unexpected, even for this show. There's some insightful perspective in BMO's madness, and I hope that is the next thing they unravel. Either he has a multiple personality disorder, or there's something deeper going on here.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I really don't know what to make of the last minute or so of Mama Said. Was that random cover at the end seriously the only reason for the title of this episode ??