the 25th annv figure argument/pepe in series six vote

beaker

Reaction score
>>>so it wouldn't suprise me if they were going to make figures around those new characters as well, including all the past ones from Muppets Tonight etc etc. Seeing as the figures are doing well right now, it would probably benefit both companies a lot to have stuff out there promoting and based on the new show ..... so there'd be Pepe, Clifford (if they use him from now on), Bobo etc etc.<<<

yeah, I hope people didnt think of this as *just* the TMS line! To me I think itll soon encompass the equivalent of WOS, except the whole 'muppet show' brand/canon. I would love to see a return of Clifford, and of course Bobo looks to be a mainstay as well. I could just imagine what plans palisades would have a for a new show!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
btw luke, why areny ya a moderator? I think ya have even jamie and Warrick beat for most fastest posts!
Simple Cory - i have absolutely no life and sit around all day surfing entertainment sites ! ;-)

Luke

PS :- I am really a spy for EMTV !

PPS :- I am joking, please stop throwing tomatoes !

uncleduke

Reaction score
  • This is a line of characters from The Muppet Show
  • Pepe was not on The Muppet Show
  • Pepe Should Not Be Included

If they want to do a Pepe as an exclusive, that is fine. I just do not think he belongs in a line dedicated to the players from the Muppet Show.

Reaction score
i agree withuncle duke. A + B = C. it's not even that i don't like pepe. i think he is hilarious, and i'd buy a pepe figure. but i think the line should remain all muppet show characters. if eventually the line were to release pepe and some other current characters, i would personally prefer it as a side line, like the simpsons celebrity guest line. i'm sure all this has been talked to death, but if anyone is keeping a running tally, there's my vote.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Well the Muppet Show 25th anniversary ends at the end of the year, so techincally as of Series 3 it is not a Muppet Show 25th Anniversary line. Perhaps a new branding strategy will be in order...who knows? But Pepe is a signature muppet and will be a figure...it's just a question of when.

Stulz

Reaction score
EVERYONE WINS!

"Well the Muppet Show 25th anniversary ends at the end of the year, so techincally as of Series 3 it is not a Muppet Show 25th Anniversary line. Perhaps a new branding strategy will be in order...who knows?"

DOES EVERYONE REALISE WHAT THIS MEANS??

It means the argument is OVER!

After Jan. 1st 2003 The sereis IS NOT a Muppet Show 25th Ann. figure line. PEPE and all the new characters will fit right in.

SWEET DEAL I Can't wait!

Ken as always You ROCK!

OK?

Luke

Reaction score
Actually the Muppets have been celebrating the 25th anniversary since Mid-2001, so there is no definite answer that the 25th anniversary branding company wide will cease as of exactly 1st Jan.

matleo

Reaction score
A+B=C

A) Cats die
B) Socrates is dead.
C) Socrates was a cat!!!

......right?:confused:

--Matt

towels

Reaction score
Well the Muppet Show 25th anniversary ends at the end of the year, so techincally as of Series 3 it is not a Muppet Show 25th Anniversary line.

As I read this, it doesn't say next year won't still be a Muppet Show line, just not an Anniversary one. As long as the package says Muppet Show, Pepe doesn't belong.
However, now that Ken got his toe in the door for movie figures (MFS Fozzie), it could be just a matter of negotiating power to open this up to a generic Muppets line, at which time Pepe (and Clifford, and Bobo, and Johnny Fiama, and Sal, and Digit, and...) would fit right in.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i think Ken has said anything is possible with negotiation .... just gotta match the characters origins with the right packaging - totally agree on that.

Pepe in a Tutu i think would be one of the most highly anticipated figures !