the 25th annv figure argument/pepe in series six vote

beaker

Reaction score
well, after seeing the promo pic for invisable fozzie, and the
nascar box art for the pepe car...its clear this current '25th'(or should i say 26th?) TMS annversery is not a strict 'classic tms' thing.

http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_a91e0f540fcafe313f359c8f9a3b0258/i-1.JPG

http://www.palisadestoys.com/HTML/NEWSPICS/FOZZIE.jpg

so...does this mean the pepe cant be in series 6 or 7 argument is nulled? I hope so! For, if pepe is advertised with 25th annv packaging, and we have a MFS fozzie on our hands...i think this definately opens the door for Pepe and others.

Now then...Ken, can we have a revote on Pepe for series 6?
I cant see havign wo wiat past 2003 for him:frown:

Anybody else want a revote on pepe, or wish the vote had swung in favor of pepe?

ukgonzo

Reaction score
I agree there must be a revote, pepe is by far the funiest muppet. he has to be in series six and i think he should come with a jacuzzi. also an exclusive pepe has to be in his tu tu as that was so funny Ok.

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie is coming in MFS packaging according to Ken a while back so correction there. Of course that could mean a Pepe in a Tutu from MFS as a Muppetfest exclusive (HINT HINT). It is important to note though that invisible Fozzie was only really ever done because it was an easy way out of the whole 'Animal' mess and they already had Fozzie developed - it's not like they specifically went for a movie scene character.

I do wish there was a Pepe figure but NOT in Muppet Show packaging. It messes up the whole theme of the main 'Muppet Show' line.

I think though, that some 'purists' would be concerned that a newer character was being done before we had all the old characters so maybe not a good idea just now.

By the way Cory - this HAS to be your most confusing thread title yet ! LOL !

beaker

Reaction score
>>>By the way Cory - this HAS to be your most confusing thread title yet ! LOL !<<<

hehe, it sound slike when ya use a japanese to english translator program doesnt it? well, i try to come up with a new way to say 'bring out the prawn darnit!'

btw luke, why areny ya a moderator? I think ya have even jamie and Warrick beat for most fastest posts!

matleo

Reaction score
Actually I was looking over some things and if a revote was done, I would consider changing my vote to include Pepe in '03. I think there is room for him (later on around 6or7) and Ken has already said that '03 will change dramatically but of course hasn' said how. Personally, I think the 25th anniversary theme is going to go. I mean next year it is going to get pretty silly. And once you get to 6 all the BIG guys are out there. If I were going to put pepe in anywhere it would be Series 7. For the rumors surrounding it, that loks like the line that's going to need that little extra boost. Which means with all of the 'push-backs" pepe might stil be in '04. So I wouldn't chang my vote for pepe in Series 6, but I owuld definitly bump him up to Series 7.

--Matt

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Hmmm, im still not convinced...<<<

well thats ok. I can understand about being a TMS purist. I just dont think a yay or nay from like 35 peopel voting on something can affect something as a BIG GUN on a series being in or not, when its the collectors and buying public who will determine in the long run...and believe me, pepe would sell!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Well, next year changes dramatically anyway...so a revote won't matta. Let's just say that Pepe is a great character, I would love to make one, and you just never can tell. But someone said it best that the 25th Anniversary will be over this year...so...we'll see where the line takes us.

beaker

Reaction score
>>Let's just say that Pepe is a great character, I would love to make one, and you just never can tell. But someone said it best that the 25th Anniversary will be over this year...so...we'll see where the line takes us<<<

eeee! hope is ressurected! btw, im glad people arent all 'hey! youre breaking the 25th annv thing' with the invisable spray fozzie. i think people were wondering what episode of tms this was from, since none of us knew you would be making a mfs exclusive! btw, for those asking for it...here it is! the first sesame street palisades thingy, ernie's rubber duckie! ok, i know its from muppet labs, but still.

Luke

Reaction score
This is just a guess, but i'm sure Palisades can't wait for the new Muppet show and TV movie to hit the air (obvisously, a continous TV presence helps promotion and sales no end) so it wouldn't suprise me if they were going to make figures around those new characters as well, including all the past ones from Muppets Tonight etc etc. Seeing as the figures are doing well right now, it would probably benefit both companies a lot to have stuff out there promoting and based on the new show ..... so there'd be Pepe, Clifford (if they use him from now on), Bobo etc etc.