1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

the 25th annv figure argument/pepe in series six vote

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by beaker, Jul 18, 2002.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

well, after seeing the promo pic for invisable fozzie, and the
    nascar box art for the pepe car...its clear this current '25th'(or should i say 26th?) TMS annversery is not a strict 'classic tms' thing.

http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_a91e0f540fcafe313f359c8f9a3b0258/i-1.JPG

http://www.palisadestoys.com/HTML/NEWSPICS/FOZZIE.jpg

so...does this mean the pepe cant be in series 6 or 7 argument is nulled? I hope so! For, if pepe is advertised with 25th annv packaging, and we have a MFS fozzie on our hands...i think this definately opens the door for Pepe and others.

Now then...Ken, can we have a revote on Pepe for series 6?
    I cant see havign wo wiat past 2003 for him:(

Anybody else want a revote on pepe, or wish the vote had swung in favor of pepe?
    SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  2. ukgonzo

ukgonzo New Member

I agree there must be a revote, pepe is by far the funiest muppet. he has to be in series six and i think he should come with a jacuzzi. also an exclusive pepe has to be in his tu tu as that was so funny Ok.
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Fozzie is coming in MFS packaging according to Ken a while back so correction there. Of course that could mean a Pepe in a Tutu from MFS as a Muppetfest exclusive (HINT HINT). It is important to note though that invisible Fozzie was only really ever done because it was an easy way out of the whole 'Animal' mess and they already had Fozzie developed - it's not like they specifically went for a movie scene character.

I do wish there was a Pepe figure but NOT in Muppet Show packaging. It messes up the whole theme of the main 'Muppet Show' line.

I think though, that some 'purists' would be concerned that a newer character was being done before we had all the old characters so maybe not a good idea just now.

By the way Cory - this HAS to be your most confusing thread title yet ! LOL !
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>By the way Cory - this HAS to be your most confusing thread title yet ! LOL !<<<

hehe, it sound slike when ya use a japanese to english translator program doesnt it? well, i try to come up with a new way to say 'bring out the prawn darnit!'

btw luke, why areny ya a moderator? I think ya have even jamie and BlueFrackle beat for most fastest posts!
  5. matleo

matleo Active Member

Actually I was looking over some things and if a revote was done, I would consider changing my vote to include Pepe in '03. I think there is room for him (later on around 6or7) and Ken has already said that '03 will change dramatically but of course hasn' said how. Personally, I think the 25th anniversary theme is going to go. I mean next year it is going to get pretty silly. And once you get to 6 all the BIG guys are out there. If I were going to put pepe in anywhere it would be Series 7. For the rumors surrounding it, that loks like the line that's going to need that little extra boost. Which means with all of the 'push-backs" pepe might stil be in '04. So I wouldn't chang my vote for pepe in Series 6, but I owuld definitly bump him up to Series 7.

--Matt
  6. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Cory,

Hmmm, im still not convinced...

see ya
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Hmmm, im still not convinced...<<<

well thats ok. I can understand about being a TMS purist. I just dont think a yay or nay from like 35 peopel voting on something can affect something as a BIG GUN on a series being in or not, when its the collectors and buying public who will determine in the long run...and believe me, pepe would sell!
  8. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Well, next year changes dramatically anyway...so a revote won't matta. Let's just say that Pepe is a great character, I would love to make one, and you just never can tell. But someone said it best that the 25th Anniversary will be over this year...so...we'll see where the line takes us.
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>Let's just say that Pepe is a great character, I would love to make one, and you just never can tell. But someone said it best that the 25th Anniversary will be over this year...so...we'll see where the line takes us<<<

eeee! hope is ressurected! btw, im glad people arent all 'hey! youre breaking the 25th annv thing' with the invisable spray fozzie. i think people were wondering what episode of tms this was from, since none of us knew you would be making a mfs exclusive! btw, for those asking for it...here it is! the first sesame street palisades thingy, ernie's rubber duckie! ok, i know its from muppet labs, but still.
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

This is just a guess, but i'm sure Palisades can't wait for the new Muppet show and TV movie to hit the air (obvisously, a continous TV presence helps promotion and sales no end) so it wouldn't suprise me if they were going to make figures around those new characters as well, including all the past ones from Muppets Tonight etc etc. Seeing as the figures are doing well right now, it would probably benefit both companies a lot to have stuff out there promoting and based on the new show ..... so there'd be Pepe, Clifford (if they use him from now on), Bobo etc etc.
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>so it wouldn't suprise me if they were going to make figures around those new characters as well, including all the past ones from Muppets Tonight etc etc. Seeing as the figures are doing well right now, it would probably benefit both companies a lot to have stuff out there promoting and based on the new show ..... so there'd be Pepe, Clifford (if they use him from now on), Bobo etc etc.<<<

yeah, I hope people didnt think of this as *just* the TMS line! To me I think itll soon encompass the equivalent of WOS, except the whole 'muppet show' brand/canon. I would love to see a return of Clifford, and of course Bobo looks to be a mainstay as well. I could just imagine what plans palisades would have a for a new show!
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Simple Cory - i have absolutely no life and sit around all day surfing entertainment sites ! ;-)

Luke

PS :- I am really a spy for EMTV !

PPS :- I am joking, please stop throwing tomatoes !
  13. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

• This is a line of characters from The Muppet Show
    • Pepe was not on The Muppet Show
    • Pepe Should Not Be Included

If they want to do a Pepe as an exclusive, that is fine. I just do not think he belongs in a line dedicated to the players from the Muppet Show.
  14. sgtfloydpepper

sgtfloydpepper New Member

i agree withuncle duke. A + B = C. it's not even that i don't like pepe. i think he is hilarious, and i'd buy a pepe figure. but i think the line should remain all muppet show characters. if eventually the line were to release pepe and some other current characters, i would personally prefer it as a side line, like the simpsons celebrity guest line. i'm sure all this has been talked to death, but if anyone is keeping a running tally, there's my vote.
  15. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Well the Muppet Show 25th anniversary ends at the end of the year, so techincally as of Series 3 it is not a Muppet Show 25th Anniversary line. Perhaps a new branding strategy will be in order...who knows? But Pepe is a signature muppet and will be a figure...it's just a question of when.
  16. Stulz

Stulz Member

EVERYONE WINS!

"Well the Muppet Show 25th anniversary ends at the end of the year, so techincally as of Series 3 it is not a Muppet Show 25th Anniversary line. Perhaps a new branding strategy will be in order...who knows?"

DOES EVERYONE REALISE WHAT THIS MEANS??

It means the argument is OVER!

After Jan. 1st 2003 The sereis IS NOT a Muppet Show 25th Ann. figure line. PEPE and all the new characters will fit right in.

SWEET DEAL I Can't wait!

Ken as always You ROCK!

OK?
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

Actually the Muppets have been celebrating the 25th anniversary since Mid-2001, so there is no definite answer that the 25th anniversary branding company wide will cease as of exactly 1st Jan.
  18. matleo

matleo Active Member

A+B=C

A) Cats die
    B) Socrates is dead.
    C) Socrates was a cat!!!

......right?:confused:

--Matt
  19. towels

towels New Member

As I read this, it doesn't say next year won't still be a Muppet Show line, just not an Anniversary one. As long as the package says Muppet Show, Pepe doesn't belong.
    However, now that Ken got his toe in the door for movie figures (MFS Fozzie), it could be just a matter of negotiating power to open this up to a generic Muppets line, at which time Pepe (and Clifford, and Bobo, and Johnny Fiama, and Sal, and Digit, and...) would fit right in.
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i think Ken has said anything is possible with negotiation .... just gotta match the characters origins with the right packaging - totally agree on that.

Pepe in a Tutu i think would be one of the most highly anticipated figures !