The 2012 Presidential Election: Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama

Who will you vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In order to keep our political discussion about today's election in one place, we're starting this thread. Feel free to discuss, but be sensitive that there are many people on both sides here. Even if you don't agree with someone's opinion, please treat them with respect.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a good idea at all, Phil.
It's better to have one thread devoted to today's election than to have multiple threads all over the forum, especially if this ends up being a close race that goes on for several days. That way those who want to talk about it can and those who want to avoid the political drama can as well.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I think I would vote for Romney, but with that whole PBS and Sesame thing...I really have no idea. :frown:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I think quarantining the inevitable discussion is a good thing. It'd spill over into just about every active thread otherwise. There's enough muffining around here without that.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I am wearing my Sesame Street shirt as i leave for the polls - I reccomend other Muppet fans do the same...even if you've already voted, it would be great to wear Sesame today so other voters see you.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My final decision wasn't included in the poll, hehe.

Actually I should say decisions since it wasn't only the Presidency that people were voting on.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I voted for Santa Clause. And this is where my political views end because this type of thing can get really ugly which is why I try to avoid it at all costs. I've seen friendships end over politics it's really just sad people can't respect each others views no matter how different they are. There's even some people on this forum who tend to attack others because their views differ from them. But this is where I'll shut up now and quietly leave.

In order to keep our political discussion about today's election in one place, we're starting this thread. Feel free to discuss, but be sensitive that there are many people on both sides here. Even if you don't agree with someone's opinion, please treat them with respect.
This would have been good to post in some of the other threads I've seen where politics is the topic. :big_grin: