The 10 Worst Muppets?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
See I think if one were to make a list of "worst Muppets" than they should consider characters that added nothing to the story and nothing to the Muppet gang be it Muppet show, Fraggle Rock or Sesame Street. A true "worst" list I would image features the likes of Dexter from Sesame Street (the Juggling monster) or Miss. Mousey from the Muppet show.

And of course some will disagree with that.

Heck I've voiced my opinion on how much I dislike Randy and Andy Pig, but even they had something to add to the table of characters (that of being insanely dumb) and even adding them to a list of "worst Muppets" would be debatable.

This guy's list is totally off the mark.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
The worst muppet ever, by far, is the original Snuffleupogus... if you havent seen the footage from his first appearance, do your self a favour and do not, and I repeat, do not go looking for it, its scary ... come to think of it, I probably should have added this to the "Creepy Moments" thread....

Drtooth

Reaction score
The worst muppet ever, by far, is the original Snuffleupogus...
UGH! Even the first Sesame Street AM's with the crooked, lifeless faces and Miss Mousey were more attractive Muppets than the first version of him. He looks like ANYTHING but a lovable, sympathetic character, which is what he was supposed to be. They gave him the wrong eyes there. The big ones with the floppy eyelashes? That one MADE Snuffy who he was, a childlike character who, while not depressed, had a quiet tone to him who just wanted to prove that he existed, just was constantly foiled by fate. That makes the character a lot more than weird red and yellow eyes, alien to Sesame Street's cartoony design.

See I think if one were to make a list of "worst Muppets" than they should consider characters that added nothing to the story and nothing to the Muppet gang be it Muppet show, Fraggle Rock or Sesame Street. A true "worst" list I would image features the likes of Dexter from Sesame Street (the Juggling monster) or Miss. Mousey from the Muppet show.
Well, being constantly foiled to see more and more Fraggle Rock, and only seeing a bunch of episodes, I have to say... there are characters on the Muppet Show I don't like... there are characters on Sesame Street I don't like... but as far as Fraggles go, I just can't dislike ANY of the characters. Maybe the original design of Ma Fraggle, but that's about it. I'm sure if I watch more episodes, I'll find someone dislikable... but I've been loving every character so far... even Large Marvin (actually, one of my favorites out of the main 5). I'm even hardpressed to say which is my least favorite of the Fraggle Five, since I just don't want to give any of the characters that dissatisfaction. I can't even say Mokey is my least favorite of the group, and have to say She's my fifth favorite. That's how likable the FR characters are.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Erm... You mean Juggles the Juggler, performed/voiced by Kevin Clash.
*Leaves thread.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah yes, the "Sounded like a Good Idea at the Time" character.

I will say this... he's got a pretty good character design.

Of course, his REAL name is Dexter. Juggles was just the name Kevin related in his autobiography. He was THAT forgetable, even with a story like that.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
  • The Pigs from Muppets Tonight: Specifically David Hasslehog, Spamela Hamderson and the Twins. The celebrity pig parodies came off completely flat
Sorry on reviveing an old thread and all...But...the irony was to good to pass up!:smile:

blackaerin

Reaction score
out of curiosity, I searched around for more of these so called "10 Worst Muppets" lists, and the results made me very sad.

So far, out of the three lists i could find, Janice and Robin has made the list all three times. :cry:

Janice:
"Named for Janis Joplin and designed to bare the frame of Mick Jagger, Janice the Muppet is the valley girl guitar player in the band Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem. She is freaky looking, not funny, and not the stereotypical guitar player that the band could have hired in her place. Imagine, instead, a Keith Richards-inspired Muppet instead of this blonde talentless airhead."

"Janice started out okay—a hyper-stylized Janis Joplin/Mick Jagger mash-up with a stereotypical valley-girl voice. Over the years she’s mutated into being particularly freakish; each design revision makes Janice look worse, and she’s contributed little more than her “fer sure, really!u201D catchphrase, which wasn’t really even funny in the late '80s when people would actually say that. What’s worse, the repeated changes to Janice’s look are obviously designed to transform her from a '70s rocker into an annoying pastel-colored '90s valley girl stereotype. "

"I'm sure we all know somebody that has an annoying voice, whether it's the tone or pitch of their voice or an accent like Fran Drescher's laugh or the accent of anybody in the movie Fargo. Janice is the Muppet Show character that represents those people. That voice just makes me want to punch myself in the ear because ringing would be better than hearing her voice."

Robin:
"Once one of the top social parody shows on television, The Muppet Show actually was awful when Kermit’s nephew came on screen. Robin would have been fine for Sesame Street and the Elmo-loving crowd, but there was no reason to shove this little ‘lovable’ amphibian down our throats on The Muppet Show."

"Nobody’s going to argue that over the years the Muppets haven’t gradually lost a lot of the satirical and sarcastic edge they had in the '70s and '80s, and nobody is a better bellwether for that than Robin, Kermit the Frog’s nap-inducing, obnoxiously sincere nephew whose primary purpose is to kill time or sing some kind of bizarrely sugary song that seems out of place. The fact that Robin has never once appeared in a funny sketch and has always felt out of place among the rest of the show’s cast due to a total lack of sarcastic humor and yet has appeared more and more in films and television specials as the years have gone by definitely illustrate how obnoxious sincerity can completely destroy any notion of “edginess”. Remember, the Muppets were once considered cutting-edge enough to appear on Saturday Night Live. Not so much anymore. Robin has to be at least partially to blame for that."

"Sadly, even The Muppet Show jumped the shark. Nope, one annoying little frog just wasn't enough. The Muppet Show had to bring in another frog to be Kermit's nephew. Couldn't they have at least made a relative of one of the good characters?"

Seriously? SERIOUSLY? :frown:

Nick22

Reaction score
#10 Scooter - uhm. what! WHY? i mean i understand he gets a little annoying sometimes but still!

#9 Wayne and Wanda - sorry wayne and wanda, but it's ture. you guys got rully boring after the first couple episodes.

#8 Dr Bunsen Honeydew - .........rully? RULLY?

#7 Mr Poodlepants - i haven't gotten a chance to watch him

#6 The Bears - like, all bears? i don't get what they're saying. lol.

#5 Janice - :confused: WHAT?

#4 Waldo C. Graphic - never seen him either

#3 Clifford - i kinda like him. i don't love him, but he definitely shouldn't be number 3. sheesh.

#2 Robin - okay. rully? is this list for real?

#1 Pepe - don't love him, don't hate him. i don't rully have an opinion.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I have to 100% disagree with that list. Except Waldo, I never really considered him a Muppet though.

The only Muppet who ever really got under my skin was Piggy. So I could have a list of one "worst" based on personal preference. Otherwise I don't think there is a single Muppet who hasn't brought a smile to my face at one point of another.
omg! How could you say Piggy got under your skin? I mean sure, she's full of it, but She's AWESOME MAN!!!

Puckrox

Reaction score
To quote Frank Oz on the bloopers for Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas: "Huba wha? Hubahubawabahawah? Huba­wha!?!"

I mean, Scooter?? I don't... what? Okay, Scooter may not be the funniest, but he runs things! He's essential! And he's adorable! And Janice! Janice is a riot! Some of my all time favorite Muppet bits happen when everyone cease talking and Janice keeps going on about a random topic! And Beaker would not be half as funny as he is without Bunsen there to act as his foil! And Robin is the cutest thing on the planet! How the flip could he be considered #2??? And, y'know, I started out being against Pepe, but he has grown on me so much, so don't even go there.

The only ones I can undersand would be Wayne and Wanda. Their shtick gets kind of old fast... And I guess Waldo was my least favorite part of Muppets in 3D. But that's it.

Blerg.