The “What did you do today?” thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Went to see Bob Newhart tonight.

Funny show, but I was a little disappointed, it was more filler than anything. I mean, we had to sit through one of those auctions with the fast-talking, rambling auctioneer for whatever reason, then we had to sit through a jam session of the Knoxville Jazz Orchestra before Newhart finally came out on stage, then it seemed like the show itself was a little short.

Again, really funny, but kind of short.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I waited out for the bus in the freezing cold for my bus. When it came, I got to the metro station, took two trains to school, and am now in the library. My first class is in about an hour and 15 minutes, and after that, I'll eat my lunch, goof off in the library, and go to my second class at 3:30, and go home.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
After a long and VERY stressful week of dress rehearsals (Trust me, you do not wanna know all the stuff I had to put up with this week. :rolleyes:) tonight is the first performance of my school's production of "Footloose!" :excited: (Our second and last performance is tomorrow night.) I'm really excited (but a bit nervous) about it. Thank goodness I don't have school today (It's a conference day), or I would've gone mad. :coy:

Bridget

Reaction score
I saw Linclon. I did find it boring, but I can't disagree that it was a good movie, I actually didn't stick around for the end, I'm gonna have to see it on DVD when it comes out.
Very well done, and somewhat funny at times, I didn't see him (SPOILER!) die at the end, I can't wait to see the rest of the movie, I'll probably have to watch it in parts.

A great movie. Deserves some Oscars, right up with Argo.
It was okay, but I began to fall asleep in my nachos!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Oh, it was a great movie, no doubt about that, and great acting. But at some points it does get pretty boring, but it's very well done and entertaining at most times. A great film, but I'm more glad Argo won the Oscar. I think that deserved it more. :wink:

Bridget

Reaction score
Oh, it was a great movie, no doubt about that, and great acting. But at some points it does get pretty boring, but it's very well done and entertaining at most times. A great film, but I'm more glad Argo won the Oscar. I think that deserved it more. :wink:
You know come to think of it, one of the producers came to our school in Virginia to talk to us about the movie (since this is where it was shot). That was last year sometimes. He said he worked with people like Brad Pitt, and told us some story about how he walked into Ben & Jerry's and placed 1,000 dollars into the "Donate To Kids" box. He told us that everyone starting clapping when he did that!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
What? The producers came to you to talk about it? That's pretty freakin' cool!

I would love to meet a producer of a Hollywood movie, since I'm very into film editing too. I would just have so many questions..

Bridget

Reaction score
What? The producers came to you to talk about it? That's pretty freakin' cool!

I would love to meet a producer of a Hollywood movie, since I'm very into film editing too. I would just have so many questions..
I'm not into the technological part of movies, but more of the acting. I mean I love it! I'm trying my best to audition for as many musicals and plays as I can so that one day, I have some experience on my plate :wink: