The “What did you do today?” thread

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Went to the local annual Spash'n'Dash this morning. It was over in literally ten seconds.

But I did take some pictures and videos but they weren't very good. :/

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Getting over a bout of flu which had me dizzy and sucking zinc all day yesterday...feel almost Muppet today. (It's the felt tongue thing.)

Watched about half the first season of Torchwood while sitting around in pjs feeling ugly. Mood lifted somewhat. Accused a twitterfriend (in the UK) of giving me his cold, which led to several minutes of silliness. Also helpful. I recommend playbuddies when sick who won't make you feel sicker. :news:
----------

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Just returned from the annual pub quiz in the same place we celebrated Hogmanay. Had a lot of fun, even though my Dad kept pestering me about almost every movie/entertainment question. I was quite impressed with myself when I knew the answer to a Charlie Parker question (Thank you, Zoot!) In the end, we placed 12th out of 19.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
So I saw Lincoln tonight. Good, solid film, a tad slow in parts but still a good Spielberg effort. Though the true highlight was the woman sitting next to me. She spent the whole movie reciting Lincoln's speeches when they were said in the film and telling me everything important right before it happened... yet she was SO shocked at the end when Lincoln dies. I mean, WHO would have seen that coming?!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I saw Linclon. I did find it boring, but I can't disagree that it was a good movie, I actually didn't stick around for the end, I'm gonna have to see it on DVD when it comes out.
Very well done, and somewhat funny at times, I didn't see him (SPOILER!) die at the end, I can't wait to see the rest of the movie, I'll probably have to watch it in parts.

A great movie. Deserves some Oscars, right up with Argo.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I have most of the week off from work. So I lazed about at home, played on my Kindle Fire, made a vegan pizza, got a new book in the mail, and helped my kid brother with his long division.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Eye doctor then a late lunch at Denny's. (I LOVE blueberry pancakes!)

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I got up early to watch the Oscar nominations. A couple thoughts:
  • Right off the bat, much better assortment than last year for Best Picture. Movies like Lincoln, Argo, Life of Pi and Silver Linings Playbook trump movies like The Help, War Horse, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and The Tree of Life.
  • Listen, the movie was OK and all but Les Miserables has no business being nominated for as much as it was.
  • Beasts of the Southern Wild was horrible. Absolute nonsense, no business getting any nominations.
  • Ben Affleck was snubbed big time.
  • Nothing for The Dark Knight Rises? Nothing at all? Ooo-kay, moving on.
  • So little for Moonrise Kingdom. Ooo-kay...
  • Best Animated Feature is looking good. Very surprised The Pirates! Band of Misfits got nominated, I thought it's performance at the box office would have killed it's Oscar chances but I'm happy Aardman is getting their due. Disappointed Pixar gets nominated for a sub-par effort, but hey, it's better than The Lorax getting nominated ("How bad-ad-ad-ad can the Oscars be?").
  • The Maggie Simpson short that was before the last Ice Age got nominated for Best Animated Short. Wouldn't have seen that coming consider the Simpsons' actual movie didn't get any nominations the year it came out.

mo

Reaction score
today I woke up from one of best sleeps I've had since december, I was all like "yeah todays gonna be awesome!" my contact lences expired so I went to get sme new one when I put the left one in I missed my eye and scratched my cornea. now I can only see out of one eye. :frown:
whats even creepier is that last night when I was half asleep I imagined a sprite girl with a badly infected eye O_0