Television Specials

Telly

Reaction score
Are there any plans to release any of the television specials? I was thinking with the John Denver and the Muppets Rocky Mountain Holiday on DVD, the could release The Muppets at Walt Disney World and some of the other specials. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Telly said:
Are there any plans to release any of the television specials? I was thinking with the John Denver and the Muppets Rocky Mountain Holiday on DVD, the could release The Muppets at Walt Disney World and some of the other specials. :smile:
John Denver And The Muppets: Rocky Mountain Holiday was released on DVD in 2002. It's probably out of print now, but you could probably still find old copies in some stores.

Hit! Entertainment is releasing Emmitt Otters Jug-Band Christmas this month, but the scenes with Kermit will be cut (Because Disney owns the rights to the character but not the special, and Hit! didn't want to even bother to try and negotiate a deal to include Kermit).

The Muppet Show: Sex And Violence is currently availible as a special feature on The Muppet Show: Season 1 DVD set, now in stores.

The Fraggle Rock documentary Down At Fraggle Rock is currently availible as a special feature on the Fraggle Rock: The Complete First Season DVD set, ins tores now.

Many Sesame Street specials are availible on video. I am not sure if any are out of print (I don't think any are), but SS specials on DVD include Christmas Eve On Sesame Street, Big Bird In China, Big Bird In Japan, The Sesame Street Special (the DVD release is titled Put Down The Duckie), Sesame Street Stays Up Late (The DVD title refers to it as Sesame Street Celebrates Around The World), Elmopalooza, CinderElmo, and The Street We Live On.

The Dog City special (originally aired as an episode of The Jim Henson Hour) is avilable on DVD in the U.K.

The World of The Dark Crystal is availible on The Dark Crystal DVD (I think it's on the collectors edition as well as the original DVD release), while Inside The Labrynth is available on the Labrynth DVD (I think it's also on the collectors edition as well as the original DVD release).

The following Muppet specials have also been released on DVD but are out of print: A Muppet Family Christmas, Of Muppets And Men (as a special feature on The very best of The Muppet Show, released only in the U.K.), portions of Muppet Classic Theatre (as special features on The Very Best of The Muppet Show vol. 2, also released only in the U.K.), and an older release of Emmit Otters Jug Band Christmas (with Kermits first scene included but with different scenes edited in addition to Kermits final scene).

I do not know of any plans for Disney to release any other specials at this time, although it is rumored that The Muppet Valentine Show will be on The Muppet Show Season 2 (if Season 2 gets released, but no official announcements have been made yet). It is also currently rumored that Hit! is planning on releasing The Christmas Toy on DVD next year.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'd want to see The Muppets go to the Movies and The Muppets go Hollywood on the new TMM and GMC releases, but I don't think that is going to happen. Which is too bad, as I've never seen them.

BEAR

Reaction score
If The Muppets in Disney World special ever gets released, I will be all over it like Miss Piggy at a Hometown Buffet!

:mad: : WHAT!?

Oops. Gotta run!