Teen Titans Live Action TV Show

Are you excited for the live-action Teen Titans series?

• No way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like the Teen Titans.

• Yeah, as long as they actually have Starfire wearing clothes.

• Whatever. It'll probably be better than Teen Titans Go, anyway.

• I don't care.

• Total voters

Harleena

Reaction score
Okay, so the Zelda thing was fake. :cry: But I heard that there will be a live-action Teen Titans! The best part is, DC already has some other shows, so I doubt that this one is based on "false information". Here is the article: http://screenrant.com/teen-titans-live-action-tv-show-tnt-characters/
I just hope that they involve Cyborg and Beast Boy, and don't dress Starfire like this:

Because just no.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just hope they get somebody with really good legs to play Raven. Speaking of which, they really should have done that Lady Legasus episode during the original cartoon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Because that was an invention of the new show and there's no way they could have referenced that.

And you realize that the Teen Titans kinda have a slightly different line up when it comes to the comics. Yes, the core characters the original cartoon were members at some point, but the line up usually changes. Cyborg, sometimes they try to shove into the Justice League for diversity's sake (though they did that as early as the last season of Superfriends).

I don't know how well they could get a Teen Titans series to work. Know how much of a special effects budget they'd need? Arrow and The Flash barely squeak by with their rooted in reality look. There was that awful CGI arm special effect on Jeffery Combs on Gotham that was embarrassingly cheap looking. Agent Carter and SHIELD manage to come up looking almost as good as a movie at best.

Harleena

Reaction score
And you realize that the Teen Titans kinda have a slightly different line up when it comes to the comics. Yes, the core characters the original cartoon were members at some point, but the line up usually changes. Cyborg, sometimes they try to shove into the Justice League for diversity's sake (though they did that as early as the last season of Superfriends).
Yeah, I know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm wondering who exactly they're going to have in this series and if there's any weird Bat-Embargos on any of the characters. That's always a mixed bag, since it forces the show runners to put in obscure characters that wouldn't get exposure otherwise, but at the risk of more iconic, popular characters being avoided.

I'm sure Beast Boy would be something they'd have problems with, those transformations and all. Wonder if Wonder Girl's going to be shooed to the side because of the insane amount of Red Tape DC enforced on Wonder Woman (why WG wasn't in the original TT series, and was only a background cameo in a New Teen Titans short).

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm wondering who exactly they're going to have in this series and if there's any weird Bat-Embargos on any of the characters. That's always a mixed bag, since it forces the show runners to put in obscure characters that wouldn't get exposure otherwise, but at the risk of more iconic, popular characters being avoided.
I wonder if the animated series characters would appear, especially considering Teen Titans Go is still (unfortunately) on the air.

I'm sure Beast Boy would be something they'd have problems with, those transformations and all.
I'm getting some bad vibes from the NBC flop Manimal here. The insane budget limitations forced the main character to transform into a hawk or a black panther almost every time (accompanied by some excellent transformation sequences provided by Stan Winston), with every other animal transformation taking place off screen. If the producers are able to shell out enough cash for some high-quality CGI, it should be no problem for ol' Beastie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if the animated series characters would appear, especially considering Teen Titans Go is still (unfortunately) on the air.
I don't know if that could be the problem. I'm sure DC took that series into account. I'm wondering more on the whole Gotham, DC film series, Arrow and Flash type deals. And of course, the Wonder Woman needs to be the star, even when it's not really her deal. Plus the whole ambiguous Cyborg as a Titan/ Justice League member bit. Other than that, I'm sure that technical limitations will thin out the numbers as well. Smallville did get Cyborg to work, but the character was toned waaaaay down to the point where he didn't really do anything. Granted, that was at least 10 years ago and CGI's come a ways.

Harleena

Reaction score
Guys, the website says it will have Robin (Dick Grayson), Barbara Gordon, Hawk and Dove (?????), Raven (Rachel Roth), and Starfire, and possibly Cyborg and Beast Boy. I personally want to see the original line-up of heroes (Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Superboy, Speedy, and Aqualad), Bumblebee, and definitely Terra (in her comic incarnation where she was totally evil, not in her cartoon incarnation where she was good but then bad but then good and oh, look, I've gone cross-eyed).