Ted Sequel Announced, Wahlberg CoHosting 2013 Oscars with Seth Mcfarlane

Drtooth

Reaction score
The movie is easily the best thing Seth has ever done. It's nice to see his brand of humor that isn't corrupted by the least funniest guy on the staff that still thinks Conway Twitty cutaways out of context are hilarious. Or whoever was responsible for that dreadful O.J. Simpson episode.

Though I'd rather see another comedy movie come out than a direct Ted sequel. I think they said all they need to say with that film, and there's no more ground to cover.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I knew it was going to happen. They mention it a little bit in Entertainment Weekly a couple weeks back and I took it seriously. This just might be a saga for Seth. Only knip picking I have to say is I only wish he gave Ted a different voice then Peter Griffins'.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Only knip picking I have to say is I only wish he gave Ted a different voice then Peter Griffins'.
How is it different from Jim using an indentical voice for Kermit and Ernie (likewise, Mean Floyd in The Muppet Musicians of Bremen has a warbly Ernie voice), or Frank using a similar voice for not only Bert and Fozzie, but practically all one-shot AMs and Whatnots? Or, even better: almost all of Leslie's characters have Abby's voice.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, Peter's voice is just a bit higher. Ted's voice is more the tone of Seth's natural voice with a cartoony Boston accent affected to it.

Seriously... this movie was AWESOME if you live in the Boston era. Especially the sex with Bostonian women gag. I only wish I was there on one of the days of shooting. I was at the mall they were filming Paul Blart, though. They were unfortunately just doing an interior scene at one of the abandoned stores.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I actually like the Conway Twitty gags only because I'm a big fan of Conway Twitty. Not that I find them funny, it's that I just love the fact that 99% of the people who watch the show have no clue who Conway Twitty is and it DOES make me wonder how that affected sales of his music.
ANYWAYS, as for the Ted sequel, I wonder what the plot would be. I mean, I thought they closed the door and ended that very well. I didn't think that they left the door open for any kind of sequel.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, I thought they closed the door and ended that very well. I didn't think that they left the door open for any kind of sequel.

Daniel
Uh, that's just about the problem with most sequel movies these days: the originals solve themselves, close all the doors, end the story completely, there's nothing that happens in them that warrant a sequel... they mostly just do sequels anymore to milk something for far more than what it's worth.

Hayley B

Reaction score
How is it different from Jim using an indentical voice for Kermit and Ernie (likewise, Mean Floyd in The Muppet Musicians of Bremen has a warbly Ernie voice), or Frank using a similar voice for not only Bert and Fozzie, but practically all one-shot AMs and Whatnots? Or, even better: almost all of Leslie's characters have Abby's voice.
Wow and ok.

Drtooth: hopefully I can hear the two together someday.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually like the Conway Twitty gags only because I'm a big fan of Conway Twitty. Not that I find them funny, it's that I just love the fact that 99% of the people who watch the show have no clue who Conway Twitty is and it DOES make me wonder how that affected sales of his music.
My problem with it is that it started as a reference to Hee Haw, completely in context. I forget exactly what episode it was, but they used it twice. Then, they had to run it into the ground, culminating in the worst one, an entire song. Of course, that was part of the worst episode (the O.J. Simpson one that was poorly done all over). What I liked about Family Guy was that it was snappy and random. And random doesn't mean doing the same gag over and over and over, making it more awkward and long every time. I do like the Chicken fights (Seth's not a huge fan of those either) for the action... but I actually miss the "This is worse than [80's reference/Star Wars Reference/Muppet Reference]" short bits.

Luckily, the show's starting to move away from that sort of thing and just focus on plots.