Taz-Mania voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Ever since I saw the post about Taz-Mania, I had that neat cartoon on my mind all week, so I decided to make it my next V/A focus. Since the great Mel Blanc had passed away, the role of Taz was given to Jim Cummings. Jim really knew how to bring Taz to life whether with growls and grunts or when he had Taz speaking English those rare times. "Taz hate water!" and "What for you run away from Taz?"

JIM CUMMINGS: Taz, Bushwhacker Bob, Wendell T. Wolf, Buddy Boar
MIRIAM FLYNN: Jean
MAURICE LAMARCHE: Hugh, Daniel Platypus, Uncle Drew
KELLIE MARTIN: Molly
DEBBY DERRYBERRY: Jake
ROB PAULSEN: Dog the Turtle, Didgeri Dingo, Timothy Platypus, Axl Gator, Francis X. Bushlad
JOHN ASTIN: Bull Gator
DAN CASTELLANETA: Mr. Thickley
ROSALYN LANDOR: Constance Koala, Mum
PHIL PROCTOR: Chief Bushrat, Willie Wombat

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Considering the fact that Dan Castlenetta provided many voices on The Simpsons, I wonder why he didn't provide more voices on Taz-Mania. Unless maybe the shows producers didn't want to risk having a character sound like Homer.

It would be interesting to know what lead to John Astin providing the voice of Bull Gator. I guess maybe the producers were fans of his and asked him, but maybe John Astin was a Looney Tunes fan and asked to be on the show. Then again, he was probably typecast as Gomez Adams and might have been willing to take any role he could get.

Xerus

Reaction score
Considering the fact that Dan Castlenetta provided many voices on The Simpsons, I wonder why he didn't provide more voices on Taz-Mania. Unless maybe the shows producers didn't want to risk having a character sound like Homer.

It would be interesting to know what lead to John Astin providing the voice of Bull Gator. I guess maybe the producers were fans of his and asked him, but maybe John Astin was a Looney Tunes fan and asked to be on the show. Then again, he was probably typecast as Gomez Adams and might have been willing to take any role he could get.
I thought it was neat when I first heard Mr. Thickley and thinking that Dan is doing a kids' cartoon instead of an adult cartoon like the Simpsons.

And before Taz-Mania, John Astin had been voicing Dr. Gangreen in Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, so I guess they decided that John had a talent for voice acting so they gave him the role of Bull, which I think he did a great job giving that small gator his jolly voice. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yes, I agree that Jim Cummings was a very good Taz indeed!