Tartakovsky directing Dark Crystal sequel

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Kind of left field

Wow,

Well, when I first heard this news that Takosk (ok, not even goign to try and spell it) was going to direct, that really came out of left field for me. I thought they actually might go back to Frank. Since he directed the first on. I wonder, if they are, in any capacity, going to get his input on the film. It seems to me, that they would need it.

And you all are right, this isn' just a movie, its a freaken world. They had a little over 5 years to develop it the first time, now, less then that considerably. Granted a lot of the ground work is there, nevertheless, if they don't let it live and breath, this could be the biggest flop and disappointment. Which would be horrible.

Nevertheless, I'm starting to get a little mroe excited about it. HOWEVER. If they don't get Trevor Jones, this film will not be the same. That sound was so unique and inspiring (still one of my most cherished soundtracks) I still listen to it today, and find myself humming or whistling it at the most random times. They NEED to get Trevor Jones. He is the blood in the veins, so to speak, he gave life to everything in that world.

Ok, before I write a book, im going to stop. I'm just hoping Trevor's up to it.

winkyboy

Reaction score
Wonderful. I'm sharing this news with everyone I can :smile: Can't wait for 2007!!

Convincing John

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Hmmmm....Girl made of fire.
I bet she's hot!
Ba dum ching!:zany:

Seriously, I'll have to see the finished product before I can really have any kind of opinion. As long as Froud's involved, I'm not worried.

Say...I was wondering what Muppeteers would have a hand (second rim shot) in this film. Since there was a lot of voiceover work done for the original DC, do you think Jerry Nelson would think about doing voices for the film? Frank's probably not going to be involved...but then again, you never know. He looped Yoda's voice. Hmmm...:smirk:

Convincing John

daughterdeadly

Reaction score
Man, I just hope it all turns out okay...wouldn't want them to mess it up.
What's todays obsession with making sequals of movies anyway?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
That teaser image of Kira is just awesome. I can't wait for this movie.

Does anyone know if Chamberlain is gonna be back? IMDb says that he will be, but they aren't always reliable.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Really?

hmm. . Chamberlain and the others again?

ok, so we're not getting a sequel, we're getting the same movie again? I was just thinking about this, trying to figure out who the major antagonists were going to be in this new film, since the Skesis and Urur have already come together, and "left" the world.

So what could possibly be the new threat for Thra? From what I understand from the synopsis, just some fire chick takes a piece of the crystal. . . how in the world does that bring back the Skesis? or any kind of threat?

if they are indeed, going to be in this, then we are just getting a remake. something Jim and Kurtz were against, in numerous interviews. plus, if you've read the novel, this still wouldn't make any sense. . ok, im gonna stop, i'm just getting confused and there are too many rumours. . .

Laszlo

Reaction score
cabbageheat said:
HOWEVER. If they don't get Trevor Jones, this film will not be the same. That sound was so unique and inspiring (still one of my most cherished soundtracks) I still listen to it today, and find myself humming or whistling it at the most random times. They NEED to get Trevor Jones. He is the blood in the veins, so to speak, he gave life to everything in that world.

Ok, before I write a book, im going to stop. I'm just hoping Trevor's up to it.
Yes, we need Trevor Jones again!

Laszlo

Reaction score
cabbageheat said:
hmm. . Chamberlain and the others again?

ok, so we're not getting a sequel, we're getting the same movie again? I was just thinking about this, trying to figure out who the major antagonists were going to be in this new film, since the Skesis and Urur have already come together, and "left" the world.

So what could possibly be the new threat for Thra? From what I understand from the synopsis, just some fire chick takes a piece of the crystal. . . how in the world does that bring back the Skesis? or any kind of threat?

if they are indeed, going to be in this, then we are just getting a remake. something Jim and Kurtz were against, in numerous interviews. plus, if you've read the novel, this still wouldn't make any sense. . ok, im gonna stop, i'm just getting confused and there are too many rumours. . .
I think there will be one Skeksis, not sure if it is the Chamberlain. And a Mystic and Urskeks of course. Garthims, Podlings Fizzgig and Aughra will be back too.
Plus a lot of new creatures and plants.
:wink:

cabbageheat

Reaction score
hmm wow

well, this movie is starting to add up to "nonsense" to me. It goes against the grain of the original story, treatment and novel. Are they just pulling plot elements out of their (vulgar word insert here). . . .?

It really makes no sense that the skesis/Urur return. They are gone, completely left the world, why would they be stupid enough to come back?

Ok, forget it. It actually makes no sense to talk or debate about it, because we have almost no details of the film. I just can't see who in teh world the antagonists are going to be, and if its skesis again, well, we really are looking at a remake. I will sit and patiently wait for more details to come out, we definately need some, hopefully more that will make sense.

Lazarus

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here!

Okay, you have to consider the source; do we know who posted up on IMDB? Can we be sure its an offical cast list?

You can make any changes you want, so I think that the cast list from IMDB is either a fluke, or someone from the production company went ahead and posted up all the old names. Some of the people up there are dead now, so I highly doubt its an offical list.

Either way, I just can't wait to see the sequal! If they ruin it, I'll be really sad.