Take a Hint...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, it just now crossed my mind... with all these Henson specials being released on DVD and such that have to be edited to omit any footage including Kermit, such as Emmet Otter and The Christmas Toy and such, why can't they take a hint from Sesame Workshop whenever they release a DVD that includes Kermit footage, and have a disclaimer regarding the trademarks and copyright of Kermit the Frog?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
if memory serves, an old member (GalflingWaldo) who had inside contacts with Disney's Muppet studios once said Disney DID NOT want kermit footage on there DVDs at any price!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
if memory serves, an old member (GalflingWaldo) who had inside contacts with Disney's Muppet studios once said Disney DID NOT want kermit footage on there DVDs at any price!
What selfish, greedy little piggies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Things MUST have changed since, and I bet it has something to do with Disney's ties to Lionsgate (they released Disney produced sitcoms), since several of the LG released specials are intact. I was half expecting new, restored versions of those with Kermit in tact by now... I mean, Rowlf wasn't clumsily edited from Dog City. Too bad they haven't released squat since.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah Dog City even had Rowlf on the cover, so I think Disney has changed their tune a bit since Emmet Otter. I mean heck, it's not like Disney is releasing anything from the Muppet vaults.