Swedish or 'Danish' Chef Merchandise

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Chef items sold by German eBayers are often listed as 'Danish Chef', which is fair enough since the Chef was Danish in the German dubs of the show.

So... if we are listing items in our collections, and they are made by German manufacturers (like Schleich, for example), should we still refer to them as 'Swedish Chef' items?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Deep.

Bea:zany:{I have no answer, I just felt the need to label this question as deep}regard

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Why, thank you, Beauregard. I curse the moderator who changed the title of this thread from my original name ("A ridiculously anal question")

muppetperson

Reaction score
Chef items sold by German eBayers are often listed as 'Danish Chef', which is fair enough since the Chef was Danish in the German dubs of the show.

So... if we are listing items in our collections, and they are made by German manufacturers (like Schleich, for example), should we still refer to them as 'Swedish Chef' items?
Yes! He is foremost the Swedish Chef.In my opinion, I dont see why the character should change because of a different country of manufacter or language.Dubbed languages are so the people of that country can understand him without him becoming that nationality.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
I was thinking mainly of the possibility German items that might be in some sort of packaging, and would therefore be written as 'Danish'