Svenska Sesem question

Drtooth

Reaction score
I asked this over in the Youtube thread, but I think I should have asked it in it's own thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbm0q4Cg-Dk

It's the Swedish opening. Maybe someone can help me with this one. Is the animation from it the same studio that animated the Swedish cartoon number segments?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
All the animations from Svenska Sesam was made by Owe Gustafson.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, is it the same person/people that worked on the Swedish animated segments that were used on the American SS? They seem to have a similar style. Unless it's just there regional style of animation.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I can't confirm or deny that he also made segments for Sesame Street.
I know that Andrew noted that in the article he made for Hanson & Fia Jansson ( http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Hansson_and_Fia_Jansson ). But I do know that he did animations for "Fem myror är fler än fyra elefanter", a series from 1975, that was inspired by Sesame Street and that there where some kind of contact between the the producers of the two shows but other than that I don't know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fem myror är fler än fyra elefanter

Does that mean something loosly like "Five Ants is more than Four Elephants?"

In that case, I recall the member IsNorden (I hope I got that right) saying some of those animated segments were used on Sesame Street.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Waves at muppet_dk. Hi muppet_dk, glad to see you here again, even if it's just a brief stay.

Hope everything's OK with you.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I might as well post this quote. ISNorden posted it for me in the "What sketches scared you as a kid" thread vis a vis those animations...

CTW originally borrowed that cartoon (and all the "Swedish Animation" number toons!) from a similar program in Sweden; the show was called "Five Ants Is More than Four Elephants", and the counting elephant was a recurring character there. (Yes, the Swedish version also showed him getting mad when "14" didn't appear...) Ironically enough, I've never seen this clip in English or Spanish--and my Sesame Street memories go back to 1971 at least.