Votes: 8 61.5%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's official... And boy does it feel great to finally be able to join this type of conversation this year.

The 2013 Super Bowl is set and it will feature the San Francisco 49'ers versus my Baltimore Ravens!
Yes, Super Bowl XLVII will be Harvau Bowl II.

My hopes are that in two weeks time we'll be skelebrating another win for the blackbirds from Charm City. Go Ravens!
:batty: :scary: :grr:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Congratulations on your Ravens having quite the game out there today against my Patriots. The Pats couldn't adjust to the hurry-up offense they started running in the second half, though those two fluke offensive turnovers (Ridley getting knocked out and the tipped pass) didn't help the defense any.

Even though they just beat my Patriots, I'm going to have to side with the Ravens for the Super Bowl, mostly because I don't like Jim Harbaugh. He seems like a real stuck-up kind of guy.

You should add a poll to this thread.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What?! And risk it going against Baltimore? No no no, don't jinx it.
As for today's game, all I can say is, what a difference a half makes. After year's loss where Billy Cundiff pulled an Ira Finkle (consult Ace Ventura kiddies for those who don't remember), I'm ecstatic we got this one thanks to the pick at the end by "Linda's Boy". That's my nickname for Ellerby, I've got 'em for almost all the big-time players.

Thanks for the congrats Charlie, but don't worry, the Patriots will get back to the playoffs next year with one of the guaranteed four division champions spots.

Now, onward to N'Orleans!

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
So, I'm just thinking here... Which team will the Harbaugh parents root for now that both of their sons are headed to the Super Bowl?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To quote my friend who was watching the game as well, doesn't matter, there's gonna be one righteous shindig anyway! :big_grin:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I don't think they can root for either one, it's probably going to be very awkward for them over these next couple of weeks since a lot of TV outlets will probably want to interview them to play up the "Harbowl" angle. It's like how the Manning parents probably felt when the Colts played the Giants a few years ago.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for adding the poll Phil. At least now I won't have to endure another self-imposed week of exile from ESPN, and hey, maybe I'll catch that new Sports Center commercial with :hungry: as well.
*Insert Uncle Deadly "manaiacal" smilie.

snichols1973

Reaction score
To be honest, I can't stand the Patriots; the Jets never even got off the ground, and their quarterback dilemma totally crushed any chances of team morale (better luck next season once they get better coaches and/or players...)

IMHO, a Patriots-49ers Super Bowl would have presented me with a great dilemma of indifference: If New England were to be the ones to hand SF their first Super Bowl loss, it would sadly come at the expense of great gloating in Foxboro.

However, since the Baltimore Ravens ultimately prevailed, I'm hoping that they might perchance be fortunate enough to pull off a SB victory and hopefully hand San Francisco their first Super Bowl loss....

Congratulations, Mr. The Count, and for this concluding season, I wish your Baltimore Ravens the best of luck....

Teheheman

Reaction score
The BIG question for me as a Cincinnatian, who do root for? The Ravens are our fierce division rival, whereas the 49ers handed us our 2 Super Bowl losses. Hmmmmm, can't I just root for Beyonce not to lip-sync during the halftime show?

Daniel