Super Bowl LI: The Commercials

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While we have another thread for the game, this one is for discussing the commercials.

Let us know which commercials you liked and those you didn't care for. After the commercials air, feel free to embed video links here as well.

There have been years where we've been surprised by Muppet references in some of the commercials. We'll have to see if there are any surprises this year.

:boo: :sleep:

If you saw the Super Bowl, please like this post and share your thoughts on the commercials below.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the song that played during the car commercial that just aired? It had a montage with a little boy who fell off his bike and called for his mom, some guy getting stuck in a cat door and some dude walking in the snow etc. I think the singer might've been Nina Simone, but i'm not sure.

Never mind, I found it:

I think this is my new favorite song :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, the game doesn't rully interest me this year, I was watching for the Lady Gaga halftime show. The only one of her classics that didn't get included in the set was Edge of Glory, but I'm satisfied with her performance.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, the game doesn't rully interest me this year, I was watching for the Lady Gaga halftime show. The only one of her classics that didn't get included in the set was Edge of Glory, but I'm satisfied with her performance.
Yes, I thought she did a very good job. But yeah, admittedly I was a bit disappointed she didn't do Edge of Glory. Well, she did at least do part of it at the very beginning of her performance.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Nothing in this set of commercials really excited me, yet nothing really enraged me either. I give props to GoDaddy for not using sex to sell their stuff, instead using a human personification of the Internet spouting various Internet memes and all that. Also props to Nintendo for their 30-second Switch advertisement, getting right to the point as to what their system is and what the big launch game will be (Breath of the Wild), unlike what they did with the Wii U. It's going to sell like hotcakes when it launches March 3rd, I guarantee it. :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The only commercial that got me excited was the teaser for Stranger Things season 2. I know you guys are probably tired of hearing about this show all the time but, I am obsessed with it. And this next season looks like it's gonna be even more bigger than the last.

Can't wait! Hopefully the writers don't screw up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This commercial makes no sense:

So, all these celebrities' high school pictures are telling you that you need to ignore the naysayers and those who discourage you, because if you have a dream in life, you should follow said dream . . . and here, buy this car while you're at it. What? What kind of advertising is that?

Like . . . don't listen to what those jerks say, you can be anything you want to be when you grow up, so don't give up and follow your heart, but first install this new heating and air system into your non-existent R.V. so you can do it properly!