Super Bowl 50: The Commercials

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While we have another thread for the game, this one is for discussing the commercials.

Let us know which commercials you liked and those you didn't care for. After the commercials air, feel free to embed video links here as well.

There have been years where we've been surprised by Muppet references in some of the commercials. We'll have to see if there are any surprises this year.

:boo: :sleep:

If you saw the Super Bowl, please like this post and share your thoughts on the commercials below.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Big Bird was just on a Superbowl add along with Bugs Bunny, David Letterman, Ron Howard and others.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Big Bird was just on a Superbowl add along with Bugs Bunny, David Letterman, Ron Howard and others.
LL Cool J and Larry King were in there, too.

I can't tell who voices Big Bird in the ad...is it supposed to be Matt? BB sounded really different.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
LL Cool J and Larry King were in there, too.

I can't tell who voices Big Bird in the ad...is it supposed to be Matt? BB sounded really different.
Yep, definitely Matt. I actually thought he sounded pretty close to Caroll.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Yep, definitely Matt. I actually thought he sounded pretty close to Caroll.
He didn't really sound close to Caroll at all to me. Maybe it's because I'm used to Caroll's BB voice more (been watching lots of '90s Sesame Street stuff lately), but he definitely sounded much different. :smirk:

Funky Monkey Baby!
I know...what the heck was that commercial? (It's also called "Puppy Monkey Baby", just FYI)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
He didn't really sound close to Caroll at all to me. Maybe it's because I'm used to Caroll's BB voice more (been watching lots of '90s Sesame Street stuff lately), but he definitely sounded much different. :smirk:

I know...what the heck was that commercial? (It's also called "Puppy Monkey Baby", just FYI)
Puppy makes more since.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that while Jeep referenced its cars being used in The Terminator and Jurassic Park as well as its contribution in the military, never once did it bring up its importance to the U.S. Postal Service with its Dispatchers. Kind of a d!¢k move, if you ask me.

I'd say I enjoyed the self-deprecating Prius 4 commercial the most out of the ads. Major props should also go to the Avocados from Mexico commercial with its usage of physical alien costumes rather than CGI, like last year with their animatronic animals.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Did anyone find the pregnant woman Doritos commercial disturbing?

Here's the one with :wisdom:

Last edited: