SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012

bandit

Reaction score
Who's pumped for this?! Come on! Someone's gotta be as psyched as I am! *_*
Any of you guys gonna watch ? If so, what events? Let's place bets. Hahaha jk! No bets! But come on who's watching?

While we're on the subject of sporting events, anyone gonna catch the Europa cup kicking off tomorrow? Gotta be someone around here who loves futbol!

Hubert

Reaction score
When Vincent said in the avatar thread that your avatar gave him the impression that you're enthusiastic, he sure was right...:smile:

I'm not really into the Olympics, I'll watch them a bit when they're on, but I don't really care much else about them...

bandit

Reaction score
*staggers back clutching chest*
Blunderbrain! You wound me....It's an global event that takes place only every 4 years! It's a sampling of the world's finest athletes all clustered together in a single location for days and days of competitions...o.o THAT alone should make you feel excited! lol

I don't catch -every- event, mind you, but I like watching a lot of them.
Gymnastics, swimming and diving, tennis, hockey, boxing, tae kwan do, weight lifting, tennis, rugby...table tennis! I mean, sheesh! The list is endless. They even have equestrian sports, if you can believe that. That always struck me as more of a feat of the HORSE'S athleticism but I do know that it takes a good and solid partnership to make things work and there's some skill involved in that, obviously. Anyway...I digress...
I can't be the only person watching this. I need fellow olympiad-fans so we can revel together!

Might have to drag you into this one, buddy boy.

Hubert

Reaction score
Aaah!!!!! A reveling! Not a reveling!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything but that!

And I'm interested to see who's going to actually come to revel with you...everytime I've tried to talk about baseball on here no one's ever cared...a lot of us don't seem to into sports here...

bandit

Reaction score
Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd rather PLAY than watch, but as I am pretty sure I don't have to tell you....-I- don't happen to be an olympic calibur athlete. I'm decent! GOOD even! But....yeah, I'm not over in London because I would die. lol

I'll tell you what, though, I'm getting that same vibe around here. o.o
I hate to say it but I was never that into watching baseball which is sad because my nephew is a REALLY good player. But again, watching baseball and playing it are two totally different animals.
BUT! Now, get this, Blunderbrain.....I was on the school's faculty kickball team. Bwahahahahahah! Same rules as baseball, really, except that you don't bat....you -kick- and of course the ball's much bigger and softer.

Hubert

Reaction score
-I- don't happen to be an olympic calibur athlete.
-You- don't happen to be a spelling bee caliber athlete either... :smile:

But when you think about, Muppets and sports are really on opposite ends of the spectrum, so it's not surprising. I mean, in order to watch the Muppets you have to be in front of a TV, but if you're going to play sports you have to go outside...

bandit

Reaction score
*thwaps* HAHAHAH! SHADDAP! That's sad, since my primary job is to teach English to children from other countries.
Bah! Droid makes it so easy to have a slip of the finger here and there.

OOOOR you could watch Muppets while on the treadmill. I've actually caught a few Fraggle Rock episodes while doing my run. But I see your point and you're probably right. Most people tend to fall in one category and not the other.

I'm a freak, then because I LOVE both!

Hubert

Reaction score
I have done that in my short stint of running on the treadmill. (You just have to know me. I do something for a week and you never hear about it again.) I watched Henson's Place for the first time and watched TMS while on it, so you're right, you could. But it's really hard to type on a treadmill, so that's probably why no one does it...they can't stay off of this forum.

bandit

Reaction score
I have done that in my short stint of running on the treadmill. (You just have to know me. I do something for a week and you never hear about it again.) I watched Henson's Place for the first time and watched TMS while on it, so you're right, you could. But it's really hard to type on a treadmill, so that's probably why no one does it...they can't stay off of this forum.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!
Ohhh touche'. When you're right, you're -RIGHT!-

bandit

Reaction score
But Hubert, aren't treadmills great for running? I used to be a naysayer but, actually, it's a pretty effective tool. This way, you can keep perfect track of your speed, time, distance and mark your progress as you go. Gives you a concrete set of numbers to aim for instead of a rough guestimate. I guess you could do something similar with one of those handy dandy wrist devices but it doesn't help you maintain the right pace continuously. That's what I love about the treadmill but I think you should probably do a bit of both if you can.

So, okay, back to my topic at hand here....if and when you actually watch the Olympics, what grabs your interest? What do you plan to check out?