Summer Festivals

mrhogg

Reaction score
I'm hoping to make it out to Puppets Up this year. Would be lots of fun.

chrisfason

Reaction score
I'd love to make it to the national puppetry festival in atlanta but it looks like registration is nearly $400 bucks a head. i assume that includes lodging on campus at georgia tech where the festival is held, but yikes that's a lot of cash. there's a small ministry-centric puppet festival in montgomery next month that i'm going to try and make...

what would be the puppetry festival equivalent to, say, the san diego comic-con? just a massive and hugely attended festival?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'd love to make it to the national puppetry festival in atlanta...what would be the puppetry festival equivalent to, say, the san diego comic-con? just a massive and hugely attended festival?
It's not nearly as big as Comic-Con, but yeah, it is the puppetry equivalent. If you can afford to go, you won't regret it.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I applied for a scholarship to PofA's fest in Atlanta, so *fingers crossed* but it only covers registration this year. And I'm pretty sure that lodging & food are in addition to that near $400.

Of the festivals that would be the SD comicon equivalent, National PofA is it. I went to Puppetfest Midwest last summer and it was awesome. Much smaller on purpose & a really great atmosphere.

Relborn

Reaction score
Is there any calender where all Puppet Festivals worldwide are shown?

As I am living in Germany European Festivals would be of interest, but I at the moment I am also considering going to an festival in the US.

Could you advise me some nice festivals there?:confused:

DumbAscii

Reaction score
I have family in St Louis, and even though it is stll a trek to Trenton I'm thinking of going to PuppetFest Midwest in July. Not sure about the one in Georgia though.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I have family in St Louis, and even though it is stll a trek to Trenton I'm thinking of going to PuppetFest Midwest in July. Not sure about the one in Georgia though.
I had *such* a great time at Midwest last summer. I wish I could do it again this summer, but I'm committed to helping the Puppetry Store at National. But I'm convinced you'll have just an amazing time.