Suggestion for phillip

BorkBork

Reaction score
Hi Phillip.

May i suggest a new forum in this bulletin...
There seams to be a new member almost every day registering here, so why not have a member introduction forum, where they can introduce them selves. That way, all the rest of us would know where to find them to greet them. I think this is important so the new members will feel welcom, and not excluded from the rest of us.

Hope you like the idea.

/Anders

towels

Reaction score
I'd second that idea. It could limit the "Who's your favorite" threads in the news folders too...

beaker

Reaction score
A good idea. I for one was hoping there would be a chat implemented or linked from MC/forum index page. I like the fact new members are greeted with open arms. On every singl eother forum Ive been to genre wise, its always 'attack the newbie' time. See, we got the love on here!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
<<< like the fact new members are greeted with open arms. On every singl eother forum Ive been to genre wise, its always 'attack the newbie' time>>>

Hey Cory,
Yeah dude, that is EXACTLY how it was on the ICP boards. I hated that so much. It just goes to show that Love is all ya need...and Muppets, you need them too...and danishes...

-Matt

BorkBork

Reaction score
Danish...sigh...danish....sigh....GIVE ME A FRIGGIN DANISH :big_grin:

_-=LOL=-_

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Uhh, security?!?! No No its okay Matt, just give him a danish...Okay, here we go...

*tosses out a danish*

*Stares, hoping for the beast not to flip out and kill everyone in the post*

:big_grin:

-Matt

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
There have been a few threads to welcome people. ASL and Your Favorite Muppet is a pretty popular one at the moment. It's in the Friends and Family section.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yeah, those are the threads our friends are speaking of. Their good for now, but the only problem is once that one dies down there will be new members that will post the same thing, and once their threads go down another person shall follow, and so on. The new section idea was suggested in an attempt to take away a slow mass of posts all doing the same thing.

-Matt

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and helpful feedback.

What I'm going to do right now is create a new discussion for new members in the "Friends and Family" folder. That's really where these type of discussions belong. I'll make the discussion be the top discussion in that folder so that it will always be the first seen under "Friends and Family". Hopefully this will help draw our new friends to the discussion and encourage new people to post and introduce themselves at the same time.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Hey Cory,
Yeah dude, that is EXACTLY how it was on the ICP boards. I hated that so much. It just goes to show that Love is all ya need...and Muppets, you need them too...and danishes...<<<

yes, all you need is love and Muppets! Sorry ya had a bad experience on other forums. I know all about that!