Studio DC: Almost Live, Coming Soon on DVD

6ftInchworm

Reaction score
Because it's coming...how soon? Well, sooner than you thought.

For those of you that have the recent Hayao Miyazaki DVDs and check out the previews (I found this out by looking at the previews in Ponyo), there should be a preview of the two Studio DC specials (looks like they'll be together in the DVD). Only thing that's special about this is that it MIGHT be in widescreen and they'll be deleted scenes. Whenever or not it'll be outtakes, I have no idea.

Until someone puts it up on Youtube, you'll have to take my word for it. So go ahead, check the DVDs and see for yourself.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Because it's coming...how soon? Well, sooner than you thought.

For those of you that have the recent Hayao Miyazaki DVDs and check out the previews (I found this out by looking at the previews in Ponyo), there should be a preview of the two Studio DC specials (looks like they'll be together in the DVD). Only thing that's special about this is that it MIGHT be in widescreen and they'll be deleted scenes. Whenever or not it'll be outtakes, I have no idea.

Until someone puts it up on Youtube, you'll have to take my word for it. So go ahead, check the DVDs and see for yourself.
That is exciting news! Did it give any estimated date for the release?

Here's the info on the international release: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Studio_DC:_Almost_Live_-_Extended_Edition_(Germany)

I can only assume we'll get the same bonus features.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uh... well, me just being me here... but Muppets or no, I wouldn't want these at ALL. it would be selfish for me to say these should never see the light of day, though. But I would much rather they focus on... I dunno.. getting the darn season 4 set out of the way first? And of course, there's just a treasure trove of Muppet goodness I'd rather see. It's just that these things feature at the moment stars Disney made that kids love for some reason. I mean, Muppets Tonight, Muppet babies (even a kiddy release with a few episodes), older specials... stuff like that I'd not only buy, but relentlessly beg Disney to release. This was basically a cross promotion to sell Kermit and co to a bunch of >12 year olds that love these tacky little sitcoms that Disney put on the air instead of rekindling the greatness of their old TV animation stuff.

So... yay for everyone that wanted it, I guess... I just want my season 4.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Uh... well, me just being me here... but Muppets or no, I wouldn't want these at ALL. it would be selfish for me to say these should never see the light of day, though. But I would much rather they focus on... I dunno.. getting the darn season 4 set out of the way first? And of course, there's just a treasure trove of Muppet goodness I'd rather see. It's just that these things feature at the moment stars Disney made that kids love for some reason. I mean, Muppets Tonight, Muppet babies (even a kiddy release with a few episodes), older specials... stuff like that I'd not only buy, but relentlessly beg Disney to release. This was basically a cross promotion to sell Kermit and co to a bunch of >12 year olds that love these tacky little sitcoms that Disney put on the air instead of rekindling the greatness of their old TV animation stuff.

So... yay for everyone that wanted it, I guess... I just want my season 4.
I get what you're saying. But I assume that this will be released in conjunction or very near to the release of Season 4 as well. It would be a great marketing strategy, methinks.

6ftInchworm

Reaction score
That is exciting news! Did it give any estimated date for the release?

Here's the info on the international release: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Studio_DC:_Almost_Live_-_Extended_Edition_(Germany)

I can only assume we'll get the same bonus features.
I went ahead and recheck. Nope, no date in the trailer. But because it's released in Germany and a trailer showed up in a DVD, it's coming.

Also. seeing it again, the footage was actually in fullscreen, and it actually said "all new bonus footage". That's it.

So...yeah. Sorry if it didn't help. :coy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I went ahead and recheck. Nope, no date in the trailer. But because it's released in Germany and a trailer showed up in a DVD, it's coming.

Also. seeing it again, the footage was actually in fullscreen, and it actually said "all new bonus footage". That's it.

So...yeah. Sorry if it didn't help. :coy:
Well it's still incredibly reassuring to know it's coming! Thanks. :big_grin:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I definitely want to own these on DVDs.

This is like The Muppet Show for me.... see, I was born in 1988, so I didn't grow up with the Muppet Show and as such I'm not familiar with a lot of the old guest stars. The thing I loved about Studio DC was that it was all stars I'm familiar with interacting with the Muppets =D