Streetlamp Nightlight

jcymail

Reaction score
Good evening all!

I swear I remember having a Sesame Street night light, with the light in the shape of a street lamp. Various Sesame Street characters were gathered around the street lamp, the bulb of which was very small.

The base was green, and I think there might have even been a radio in it.

I had this as a child, so late 70's/early 80's. I'm disappointed that I can't find a THING about it online. Is my memory making it up? I'm almost certain it was Sesame Street because I had Sesame Street everything, even the bed sheets! :smile:

I'd love to find one for my 2 year old niece, who is crazy about Sesame Street.

Help?
Thank you!
Jcy

zns

Reaction score
I think I remember seeing something like that. A little girl I once knew years ago had a lamp that may fit your description. It was a six inch replica of the lampost (minus the street sign) with an oversized lightbulb on the top. The base of the lamp also had large plastic figures of Big Bird and Little Bird on it. Is that the one you are talking about?

StreetScenes

Reaction score
i think i know the one you mean. i've seen it pop up a couple of times on ebay, for around $20. it's cute--i thought about buying one myself. i've seen it maybe 2 or 3 times in the past year. there isn't one on there now, but i'm sure it'll pop up again--it seems to be rare but not impossible to find if you check ebay every week or so for a few months.

jcymail

Reaction score
Thanks so much for helping me realize I'm not imagining my memories!

I'll keep an eye out on eBay. If anyone sees it pop up, let me know.

Thanks again!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I had that nightlight when i was a child! Don't remember much else about it than what was posted - but i remember being disappointed in the radio - Very Little Kid d.w. thought "This is a SESAME STREET nightlight - why doesn't the radio play anything Sesame Street? Shouldn't there be Sesame Street music somewhere - or even that funky music the characters would hear on their transistor radions?"

Kiki

Reaction score
Sounds cool! I have a SST nightlight sorta thing, only it's just Big Bird under the sign. I think it's from early-80s.

lirc1969

Reaction score
I have this radio and have had it since I was a little girl in the early 70's. it was my favorite thing.
By the way, it was not a Big Bird and a Little Bird. There was ONLY a Big Bird. also on it was Ernie, Bert and Oscar. They all are standing on a bandstand draped in green cloth.
In the center is the iconic Sesame Street street lamp and sign. The lamp is a nightlight.

As time passed, the lamp post has been misplaced. I wish I could find a replacement for it.
The radio itself is in great condition. All the characters still look good.

Does anyone know where I could find a replacement part for it?