Storyteller DVD Collection

Pino

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Count, you bring up a great point. We can only hope that the 4 Greek Myth episodes also find their way to DVD. As jediX mentioned, they are available on VHS, but it isn't quite the same.
I have them all! We had them on dvd in Netherland. I've bought them through internet and not many stores have them anymore. I was lucky enough to collect all storytellers and the 4 greek myths episodes. The dvd just contains the episodes with dutch subtitels. I cant choose to let them away but at least I have them!
:wink:

G-MAN

Reaction score
Maybe they'll put The Jim Henson Hour on DVD with the 4 Greek Myths episodes replacing the original Storyteller ones.

jediX

Reaction score
G-MAN said:
Maybe they'll put The Jim Henson Hour on DVD with the 4 Greek Myths episodes replacing the original Storyteller ones.
Don't count on it. Greek Myths came out after Henson passed away, and in JHH Jim introduces the specific Storytellers in segments after the MuppetTelevision half.

I wouldn't even count on a JHH DVD set, sadly. Although I plan to partake in a DVD version of it to back up my aging episodes so I can enjoy them again without guilt of degeneration.

Each Greek Myth is around 26 minutes or so, and they're really nowhere as good as the "classic" Storytellers, so if they ever ARE released again I'm sure it would be standalone.

jediX

Reaction score
Oh, and Jim also introduced that night's particular Storyteller before MuppetTelevision, also. It would be weird to see that stuff cropped out - I always loved watching Jim talk about how he did the particular puppets, a-la after 'The Soldier and Death' when he is seen with one of the devils.

G-MAN

Reaction score
I know all of that, I'd hate to see them cropped up too, but a guy can dream, can't he?

jediX

Reaction score
When I manage to make a system of transferring video without losing quality I'll try and make a JHH dvd set, though.

G-MAN

Reaction score
jediX said:
When I manage to make a system of transferring video without losing quality I'll try and make a JHH dvd set, though.
I don't have much that I can find to trade that isn't crappy, but when you make that, can you mail it to me? I've never acually seen it before, I was only 4 when it was origonally on T.V.

jediX

Reaction score
I don't even know if I will make it; I really want to but my copies just don't transfer and I'm not going to invest in pro gear.

I can pretty much guarantee I'll make Muppets @ Disney World though.

G-MAN

Reaction score
Yeah, I loved that special when I was little, still do, I just watched it the other day when I found the old tape.