Stop The Sequels!!!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah and from what I've read the 'Adult jokes' are pretty obvious, and kids are getting them

I was reading about finding Nemo and they originally casted someone else to play Nemo's dad (sorry STILL haven't seen the movie yet, i'll explain in a sec.) and he was a serious actor. they realized their mistake and let him go. Pixar knows what they are doing (and they didn't hire Randy Newman, they said they were getting too predictable)

ANYWAY! the reason I haven't seen finding Nemo is because of Disney's marketing ploys...they have some odd rule in the contract that says if a bigger theater has a film in a certain sized town, the littler theater can't have it for at least two weeks after the bigger theater stopped running it....the bigger theater in town stopped running it a few weeks ago, but the owner of the littler theater is waiting on Disney to clear it or something really odd. I know it's a marketing ploy, but couldn't they at least had a better ploy than making me angry? :mad:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big Newman fan (ducks). I just don't like his voice or music. I'm also horrified by the new theme song for Monk. The original (without Newman) was much better. I actually feel the need to turn off the opening credits it's so bad. LOL! Anyway, to each his or her own.

Hmmm. Albert Brooks was pretty good as Nemo's dad. Can't see it being somebody else. I wonder who was the first choice? It's a good film. Passed the 300M mark and it will probably get up to 320! Very pleased when a good film is recognized that way. :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Saw T3. It was okay. Kind of forgettable but good. The funny thing is, I’m more interested in seeing the next movie after this one. Bet on there being a T4 a couple years from now.[/QUOTE]

Loved the move. Your proubly right about another T4. I'll betcha.

Kye

Reaction score
they just announced on CNN that will smith has agreed to a Men in Black 3...as if #2 wasnt bad enough.

But i promise I will see Indiana Jones 4 !!! its in production now!!!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I'm also horrified by the new theme song for Monk. The original (without Newman) was much better. I actually feel the need to turn off the opening credits it's so bad. LOL! Anyway, to each his or her own.

You sound exactly like my dad! He was so upset when we turned it on and there was a new theme song.

Anyway, I'm personally very excited about the Pirates sequels because I liked the first one so much. Sequels I do have problems with are the direct to video type (i.e. Land Before Time 307) where they're just cranking them out as fast as they can. If the first movie did well and the writers have more good ideas that they couldnt fit into the first one, then by all means, make a sequel. If there is genuine creativeness to a sequel then its quite appropriate to make. But don't do it just to make one more movie.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a MIB3. Thats just me. I like Will Smith. I'll watch IJ4. I love them. I didn't know that there was 3 before this one. Wow. Have I missed much.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes I like a well done sequel, but in my opinion, disney has only created one decent sequel and that was pixar (Toy Story 2)

let's hope Bruckheimer has high standards (which I think he does, everything he is involved with is awsome!) *CSI Dweeb speaking here*

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... Sequals are at best a mixed bag. But the Disney ones do suck.

Of course, Lion King 2 was pretty good, and Robin Williams returning for Aladdin 3 made the movie actually enjoyable.

But Jungle Book 2???? SUH DIDDLY UCKED!!!!! Throughout the first 10 minutes, which felt like 10 years, I was squirming and holding back obscenities. "Bring on ^&*%in' Baloo and the Jungle crew" I thought....

The *&%^$% Humans were the worst thing about the movie... and they were so predictable... the oh so cute smallest child, the girl, who is the only one with common sense... YUCK!!!!

And the worst part... Louie dissappeared "Mysteriously" with no explaination..

"He just cut out and gone" to quote Baloo... Ick!!!!! Bleck!!!! I should have stayed home...

I was supposed to see Spirited Away, it's a long story, which made the movie 1000000000000 times worse than it already was!!!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
:eek: No Louie?!?! You have my greatest sympathies for having to have seen JB2. :concern:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I KNOW maybe he just swung off the edge of the earth he was great! :grouchy: :mad: :grouchy: