Still missing Jim...

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
I'm glad that there are a lot of people that care. I am the only kid in my school that knows about The muppets, nevermind Jim Henson. I used to feel like I was the only one who really cared. You guys are my kind of people. :smile:

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
OMG!!!!

I just found out that Mister Rogers died!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!
WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO???!!! AAHHH!!!!!!!!

I THINK I'M GOING TO BE SICK....... :cry: :cry: :cry:

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
oh

Oh. I'm a little bit slow. He died a while ago. (recently, but not today or something like that.) :cry:

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
V. bad thought

I just had a horrible thought. I will have a total nervous breakdown when Frank Oz dies. Now I KNOW that I'm going to be sick. :cry:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, not that I'm trying to 'okay' when the guy kicks out on us, but Frank Oz really doesn't have anything else to do with the Muppets anymore at ALL now. Even Miss Piggy and Fozzie have been replaced by new performers, so if something happens to him it won't effect the Muppets, really.

However, I would love nothing more than to see Frank Oz direct the next Muppet movie--I bet those who perform his characters would be nerVOUS!! LOL!!

For example, if I was the one who took over Fozzie Bear, I'd hide behind my hat:-----------> :embarrassed:

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
Still.....he does do the voice of yoda, and he did help with the muppets at one point. I would love to talk to him. He seems like a really cool guy.

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
ouch

Ouch! I told someone how I feel and they just kind of stared at me like I'm nuts, and told me I need help. Can I get a second opinion?

Emerald

Reaction score
Although not classic Muppets, Frank Oz still goes back to Sesame Street once or twice a year to record new sketches with Super Grover and stuff. My cousin was an intern at Sesame last semester and at Christmas she showed us the Frank Oz filming she was in that airs in April.

Yeah, I was the only true Muppet obsesive when I was in elementary and high school. It was very anoying, but I was also the only person who prefered old music to new music and didn't think the athletic crowd was the greatest thing ever. So I was kind of used to it.

ScottMonster

Reaction score
Re: does anyone???

Originally posted by muppetfreak12
Does anyone get into a major slump about Mr. Hensons death? I'll watch a muppet movie and totally forget that he's dead.
Interesting.

As for me, I can never look at any muppet featured production without remembering that he's dead. This is even more acute when I'm watching any post 1990 muppet feature and I hear the voices of not only Kermit, Ernie and Rowlf, but now Scooter's and Statedler and Waldorf as well. (I also miss Richard Hunt)

I remember the day Jim Henson died very well. I was 16. And I remember that Sammy Davis Jr. died the same day.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i guess that's what's weird about being the younger muppet fan....i was only 2 in 1990 so i was clueless....i was 7 or 8 when dad told me..he thought i would take it better than i did....i cried and cried.......

my dad saves papers from our b-days and since mine is may 17 it has that in it.....i keep telling myself i am going to read it, but i just can't....and when I say I can dad isn't home to find it for me.
i know it sounds corny but it's like if i read it i have to aknowledge it for the first time all over, and I don't want to.

on a slightly happier note!

yeah i am the only one in my class that likes the muppets...people look at me funny, and i just wanna stick my tongue out at them (i am soo mature:smile:) my friends tolerate it and tell me everything they hear! people ask me if i am immature...then i ask them if they are immature for liking rap and all that junk....they usually give me the whole.."it isn't the same thing" and i wanna go YEAH! IT IS!

i enjoy being weird!:attitude:

my speech teacher said wakka wakka the other day...it was funny!

i always have my inside jokes with myself! like the words lost and phenominom make me sing out loud in class! since i'm an A student teachers tolerate it, too!

i was on a technology trip last saturday and decided to wear my kermit slippers on the bus my tech teacher kept complimenting me on them, while everyone else on the bus was just shaking their heads!

ooh and when people say muffets or something...i get UPSET!

i have a bunch of pics on my binder and people always ask 'who's that?' and then they go 'you have a crush on an older guy????'

oh well i'll just live!

Sarah

man i rambled through this whole thing! sorry!