Still missing Jim...

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
Does anyone get into a major slump about Mr. Hensons death? I'll watch a muppet movie and totally forget that he's dead. Then, later on I'll remember and get totally depressed. Is anyone else like this or am I a one of a kind freak? :cry:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, I do to.

I just keep wishing and hoping that one day I'll meet him in Heaven. (I don't want an argument please. I know mentions of Heavon and religion and Jim Henson start arguments on this board)

I also feel that way when I think of Douglas Addams.

Bea:zany:regard

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
I'm glad that i'm not the only one.

P.S. I belive in heaven too!:smile:

Who's Douglas Addams?:confused:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think what bugs me most about deaths of creators is that nothing will ever have their personal touch to it again. I cried and cried at Jim Henson's death and Charles M Schulz's retirement and then his death because it marks the END of an era, and the complete perfection that creators put into their work can never, ever be re-created. That's what makes me sad.

Kev

Sidebottom

Reaction score
Originally posted by muppetfreak12
Who's Douglas Addams?:confused:
Douglas Adams (only one "D") was an amazing British author who passed away a year or two ago.

He wrote the hilarious science-fiction/comedy radio play, The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy, as well as the series of novels that were based on it. He also wrote the two Dirk Gently novels, also very funny.

-Sidebottom

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
I miss Charles Shultz, too. (I'm a Peanuts fan, but not as much as muppets!:smile: )
I think that it was weird, when Mr. Shultz died. It was like, what, 1 or 2 days (before or after, I can't remember), he retired. It was perfect timing. (I'm not trying to be mean, no time is a good time to die.) After Jim Henson and Charles Shultz died, I felt numb. Like I was in a big, bad dream. Then, when it kicks in, it's like a hard blow to your heart. It's really hard. I try not to think about it. One day we all have to go, but I know a lot of people that I'm close to. That's not a good thing to think about.

La la la! hum hum hum. I'm-trying-not-to-think-about-it! HUMLALALA!! :frown:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I remember the day Jim Henson died. I was 5. My lil' brother, James, had just been born the day before. My Aunt, who was a HUUGE Muppet fan, (and who we were staying with while Mom was in the hospital), explained to us why "Kermit wasn't gonna be around anymore." And I think we watched Muppet specials all day until we went to go visit our Mom & new brother at the hospital. It didn't REALLY get to me, though, until I was older.
I was so broken up about Charles Schulz the day he died. I even remember how, a few days earlier, I was talking a/b how the paper just wasn't gonna be the same w/o Peanuts....I know what you mean, Muppetfreak, it was almost like Peanuts couldn't go on w/o Sparky and Sparky couldn't go on w/o Peanuts.

Emerald

Reaction score
I agree. Jim Henson was so creative and inventive. Watching the Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, and older Sesame Street episodes makes me feel happy inside. I'm so glad that I can say we were alive at the same time, even if I didn't get to meet him, and that he had the time to create so many meaningful, wonderful things.

My brother was born around the time Jim Henson died (I was thinking it was after, but he's adopted so I might be confusing "born" with "recieved" now that I think about it), and that made it even worse because I knew it would never be the same. It was also sad because the same week Jim died, we found out that a family friend had passed away too. I was nine.

(And yes, I believe in Heaven too. But enough about me.)

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
I was really little when Jim Henson died. I remember waching the news with my mom and my sister. I didn't understand what was going on and all my mom said was "Oh my god!!!". When I was four, I really understood why my mom freaked out. God I'm depressed today. :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: Charles Schulz (from Peanuts.com Timeline):

http://www.peanuts.com/comics/peanuts/history/timeline_1990s.html
December 14, 1999
Charles Schulz officially retires

http://www.peanuts.com/comics/peanuts/history/timeline_2000s.html
January 3, 2000
Charles Schulz bids a fond farewell to all his readers in the final daily Peanuts newspaper strip

February 12, 2000
Charles Schulz dies Saturday evening, of complications from colon cancer in Santa Rosa, CA. He was 77 years old.

February 13, 2000
The final Sunday Peanuts newspaper strip appears

My mom was doing a friend's hair in the kitchen the night I heard of his retirement; same friend was over when they announced his death the morning of the 13th. Both times I cried like crazy!

The day Jim died, and they announced it on TV, I came home from school and my mom was in the living room seriously crying, and when she saw me she doubled over crying. I asked her was it Papa or Granny or my great Aunt Captola, and she said no. She told me to sit down and watch TV, she couldn't tell me herself.

Then they said it.

Jim Henson--dead. I just slumped down in the chair and began to cry, but then ran to my room, played Rainbow Connection, and grabbed my Muppet dolls and puppets and surrounded myself with them.

What a horrible day either of those were.

:cry: