Steve Whitmire Lecture/Workshop at the Center for Puppetry Arts

RomanaFraggle

Reaction score
It's a decent area. If anything, the Javitz Center is in a seedier section.
Interesting. I've only ever been at the Javits Center for anime conventions with my NYC-navigating friend. She's the one who had to pay attention to where we were, not me XD

I think someone who's going to the the workshop/lecture should suggest taking it on tour :big_grin: What say you?

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
I am new to the forums, but I am going to be at the lecture/workshop on the 16th.

My husband and two friends are coming with me from Florida. We are going to the 10:00 lecture and then the 2:00 Henson tour and the 3:00 Whitmire workshop.

I am BEYOND excited.

I do have a question though. I though the phrasing for the workshop was kinda funny. On one hand it sounded like the workshops were only going to be 12 people each. On second reading, it sounded like they were going to be larger, but only 12 people would participate...

Here is the exact wording... what do you think:

The hour-and-a-half Class is conducted three times per day, offering 12 participants per study group a subjective hands-on experience with puppets in the basics of video puppet manipulation.

Anyway, Hi, Im Katie, and I hope to be participating alot on these boards. :smile:

OH! And check out my avatar! Im very proud of it... hehe

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Interesting. I've only ever been at the Javits Center for anime conventions with my NYC-navigating friend. She's the one who had to pay attention to where we were, not me XD

I think someone who's going to the the workshop/lecture should suggest taking it on tour :big_grin: What say you?
I've only been to the Javitz center once myself. I went there a few years back for the NY Comic Con, which was alot of fun, but the surrounding area is kind of sketchy especially late at night.

wes

Reaction score
I am new to the forums, but I am going to be at the lecture/workshop on the 16th.
hehe
Katie, Nice to meet you, I'm bring a group Up for that day as well so hope to see you there.

It sounds like it's just going to be limited to 12 each class...OR i hope so so we will have more attention!

BTW nice Avay!

MelissaY1

Reaction score

My husband and two friends are coming with me from Florida. We are going to the 10:00 lecture and then the 2:00 Henson tour and the 3:00 Whitmire workshop.

I am BEYOND excited.

I do have a question though. I though the phrasing for the workshop was kinda funny. On one hand it sounded like the workshops were only going to be 12 people each. On second reading, it sounded like they were going to be larger, but only 12 people would participate...

Here is the exact wording... what do you think:

The hour-and-a-half Class is conducted three times per day, offering 12 participants per study group a subjective hands-on experience with puppets in the basics of video puppet manipulation.

Anyway, Hi, Im Katie, and I hope to be participating alot on these boards. :smile:

OH! And check out my avatar! Im very proud of it... hehe
Welcome, Katie. Your avatar is very cool, and pretty and fitting for this time of year! :smile: That's very exciting you're going to the workshop. You must tell us all about it!

spcglider

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!

I will be flying in to attend the lecture/workshop on the 17th.

I live in Minneapolis, so it's kind-of a jaunt for me!

Luckily, my wife and I happen to be in a spot financially where we can invest this money to my "puppet education". Otherwise, I'd be on the outside lookin' in. :big_grin:

Anyway, if anyone is going to be hanging about on the 17th, I'd love to meet you. I'm doing the last class of the last day, so I will have the entire day to make myself an annoyance at the Puppetry Center! LOL! I really love their museum!

-Gordon

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Steve's Workshop...

Ok,

So I'll bite. I'm going to the workshop/lecture on the 9th. I signed up a while back...so add me to this that will be there. Can't wait!

Lee

RomanaFraggle

Reaction score
Welcome, new people! XD

I'm pretty new, myself, so I shouldn't be talking, but.. yeah. Hehe.

People who are going to the workshop.. you are very lucky people :frown: and.. yeah.. I'm sad now. I wish I could hop on a plane and get to Georgia.. *grumbles to self*

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I would so jump on this and make a trip if I could afford to right now, but I was just away in Vegas in November, and I have major expenses coming up in the new year including hopefully finding a place to live and moving out of my parents' house, my sister's wedding, etc.