Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Schfifty

Reaction score
Late to the party here, but my goodness that FB post is harsh. I am flabbergasted.

You know that one touching dream that Steve had where Jim persuaded him to just go ahead with Kermit? Yeah, I can't believe about 27 years later these things would happen. He gave his darn best to breath life to Kermit and support Jim's vision, and then Ms. Henson steps up to say he turned Kermit into a depressed, bitter type of character?

I don't care if he's depressed or bitter. He's Kermit.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I can't really make out Peter Linz's voice. Are you sure? If so, poor Billy.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Peter Linz does Ernie in this vid.

(Edited to keep people off my back)
Peter does a pretty good Ernie IMO. Sounds similar to Jim's Ernie if you ask me.

Remember, this is just my opinion, so don't flame me over this. I still really miss Steve, BTW.

Last edited:

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the post circling around Facebook from Cheryl Henson?
She said:

"Steve's version of history is ridiculously self serving. My father never asked him to perform Kermit, my brother Brian did. Steve's performance of Kermit has strayed far away from my father's good hearted, compassionate leader of the muppets. Steve performed Kermit as a bitter, angry, depressed, victim. Worst of all, in the past few years he had not been funny or fun. Recasting Kermit is long overdue. Stop with the pity party! Let's get back to the true spirit of Jim Henson's Kermit!"
I can't believe she actually said that, especially about Steve Whitmire.