Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The hate for MCC on here is ridiculous... it's one of the best Christmas movies ever made!
I actually haven't seen that movie in a long, long time. I thought about checking it out again to see where my opinion goes.

Also, believe it or not, I've never seen Treasure Island in its entirety. Just bits and pieces, including Sailing for Adventure, of course.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
The hate for MCC on here is ridiculous... it's one of the best Christmas movies ever made!
I can't speak for others, but I don't hate MCC. It's just not high on my favorite list. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't include it in a Muppet Movie Marathon unless I had that Muppet Movie Marathon in December. Truthfully, I don't think the others here hate it, either, it's just that they like other Muppet movies better.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing that MCC has going for it is that it's been praised for being one of the more faithful adaptations of A CHRISTMAS CAROL, and I have to say that as someone who actually has taken the time to read A CHRISTMAS CAROL, that much of the dialogue throughout the movie - from the characters themselves, and even much of Gonzo's storytelling - are almost word-for-word verbatim like the book.

MTI, despite also being adapted from a book, feels to me more like a Muppet movie Jim would have made: like TMM and GMC, you've got a hammy human villain (when isn't Tim Curry a ham?), typical Muppet zaniness throughout, Kermit and Piggy romance, breaking the forth wall moments, and memorable original songs. Not to mention, hey, Muppet pirates! What's not to love? Kids always love pirates.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Ah, right, Eric! He's done Guy Smiley since 2006, si?

And agreed on Ernie's laugh. Jim does it best. But I think we can all agree Jim was the best Ernie and Kermit, with Steve coming in second.
Jim was the best because he's the one who originated these characters

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I think MC now stands for Muppet fans Cursing. I'm surprised the moderators have not removed the posts with profanity. Other posts have been removed for lesser reasons.
I've tried to avoid using profanity as best as I can on here, but come on, they're only words. There is nothing wrong with ****, ****, ****, ****, **********, ************, and **** in and of themselves. Believe me, I swear a lot, so be glad you haven't heard most of it if it really bothers you that much. To be perfectly frank, your tone of posts is a lot worse than any kind of swearing we can throw out. I'm all for sarcasm and such, but there's times when it can cross the line.