Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
If Disney is gonna do what Disney is gonna do, I don't think any amount of fan involvement is going to make any difference.

Whataday

Reaction score
Just a thought... as they've recast Kermit, perhaps they're planning a major relaunch of their Muppets activity. They wouldn't recast unless they were planning something surely.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Just a thought... as they've recast Kermit, perhaps they're planning a major relaunch of their Muppets activity. They wouldn't recast unless they were planning something surely.
Regardless of how large their plans are, this is Kermit the Frog. He would need to recast regardless of what their plans were, considering he's the face of the entire franchise.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well they do have that live concert at the Hollywood Bowl, and I'm sure Steve is not going to be there. Plus Kermit is the main character of the Muppets, and he would have to be recast-ed.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
If Disney is gonna do what Disney is gonna do, I don't think any amount of fan involvement is going to make any difference.
I actually agree with that. Corporate bigwigs rarely (if ever) listen to the fans after all.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
If whining muppet fans got what they wanted, don't you think we would have gotten the last two seasons of the Muppet Show by now?

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
But hang on these so called "whining Muppet fans" that you call them where promised season 4 at D23 in 2009. 2009 that's 8 years they have been waiting I think they have the right to try and get it released
If whining muppet fans got what they wanted, don't you think we would have gotten the last two seasons of the Muppet Show by now?

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has a "right" to anything, no matter what disney may or may not have promised almost a decade ago.

We're never going to get those seasons, just like Disney Afternoon fans are never getting the shows they want. Disney has no interest in TV on DVD. That ship has sailed.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Well maybe try and put the series on Netflix if we can't do that
I don't think anyone has a "right" to anything, no matter what disney may or may not have promised almost a decade ago.
Disney has no interest in TV on DVD. That ship has sailed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's still a chance that Disney could follow suit of what some companies do, and rather release Season 4 and 5 individually, just put out a complete series set instead, which would **** me off.

Shout! Factory is doing this with GREEN ACRES, and it's been twelve years since MGM released the previous seasons on DVD. Universal did the same with LEAVE IT TO BEAVER: first two seasons individually, then just went straight to a complete series set.

I'm not saying I look for this to happen though; next to Warner Bros., Disney is probably the worst studio when it comes to releasing things on DVD (and ironic that Disney has to have its own, registered and trademarked brand of DVD).