Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Here's a new twist on the ranking, because I can't begin to rank them all together.

MUPPET MOVIES WHERE JIM WAS KERMIT:
The Great Muppet Caper
The Muppet Movie
The Muppets Take Manhattan

MUPPET MOVIES WHERE STEVE WAS KERMIT:
Muppets From Space
The Muppet Christmas Carol
The Muppets 2011
Muppets Most Wanted
Kermit's Swamp Years
Muppet Treasure Island

I left off VMX and MOZ because I have only seen VMX once, and I haven't seen MOZ at all. Anyway . . . .

Favorite Steve Whitmire character is definitely Wembley

Favorite Matt Vogel character, I can't really say, because I haven't heard enough of his characters to gauge an opinion, so for now, I'll say Constantine.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
Favorite Steve Whitmire Character: ...What is a favorite? I love them all but mostly Kermit, Wembley, and Bean Bunny.

Favorite Matt Vogel Character: Constantine and Deadly.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
*You're

Also, I'm am exxsited too here the voice of the new Tee Lizard. Tho its to bad Steev Whitmere got kicked owt of the mupet recordin stoodios
But seriously, some birdbrains at ABC literally called him the "tea lizard" in a news report. ***! The network literally aired a MUPPET SHOW the past year.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Steve's new blog post.
https://stevewhitmire-muppetpundit.com/2017/07/30/high-noon/

After the last few weeks I find myself disillusioned. As I look around at the ‘hard core’ fan sites where I have always believed the Muppet’s most discriminating and discerning fans hang out, I read the gist being ‘Last week was a bad week, but it’s all over now, so let’s forget it all, move on and support the Muppets…’.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
"I have in my hands a definitive project that I am certain will turn the Muppets around. It was born in the minds of those who know the Muppets best, and was to be pitched to The Muppets Studio the next time I was in Los Angeles. But, as things presently stand because of my dismissal it will never be produced."

I want to hear what this is! Watch it be "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made".

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Steve's new blog post.
https://stevewhitmire-muppetpundit.com/2017/07/30/high-noon/

After the last few weeks I find myself disillusioned. As I look around at the ‘hard core’ fan sites where I have always believed the Muppet’s most discriminating and discerning fans hang out, I read the gist being ‘Last week was a bad week, but it’s all over now, so let’s forget it all, move on and support the Muppets…’.
:rolleyes: Well, what else does he expect us to do?!? We have absolutely no influence on Disney's decisions. If we did, they would've hired him back by now. What, does he think we're just going to stop supporting the Muppets because he's not there? We sure as heck can't boycott the Muppets, if we did they'd just go back into obscurity like they did over a decade ago! Unless, all the Muppeteers threaten to go on strike, I don't see Disney reversing their decision. :rolleyes:
"I have in my hands a definitive project that I am certain will turn the Muppets around. It was born in the minds of those who know the Muppets best, and was to be pitched to The Muppets Studio the next time I was in Los Angeles. But, as things presently stand because of my dismissal it will never be produced."
"Oh yeah? Well, you'll be sorry. I might have a really cool treat in my backpack, but you'll never know because you wouldn't let me play with your toys! Nyah nyah!"

These posts are starting to sound a bit manipulative and pointless right now.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Yup. He thought he had the fandom wrapped around his finger fighting for him. But now he's getting upset that people are getting tired of it and are focusing on the characters again.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Well, what else does he expect us to do?!? We have absolutely no influence on Disney's decisions. If we did, they would've hired him back by now. What, does he think we're just going to stop supporting the Muppets because he's not there? We sure as heck can't boycott the Muppets, if we did they'd just go back into obscurity like they did over a decade ago! Unless, all the Muppeteers threaten to go on strike, I don't see Disney reversing their decision. :rolleyes:

"Oh yeah? Well, you'll be sorry. I might have a really cool treat in my backpack, but you'll never know because you wouldn't let me play with your toys! Nyah nyah!"

These posts are starting to sound a bit manipulative and pointless right now.
1) Not once has Steve said to boycott the Muppets. Quite the opposite actually, he encourages us to look out for the best interests of the characters by being alert and calling out any inconsistencies.

2) That's a rather shallow way of reading those lines. I read it more as Steve presenting a missed opportunity. Face it, if Steve had pitched that project and it was green-lit, bringing along all those things it would have consisted of, we would all be ecstatic about it.