Steve performing other characters

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Did Steve perform any other characters on SS besides Ernie and Kermit?

ohtherain

Reaction score
He did play the Dr. Phil parody Dr. Feel back in, like, 2004 or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hope that gets posted on YouTube. I only saw it once.
I taped his sketch with Dr. Phil fighting over who's show was rightfully theirs; I'd post it on YouTube, but my D drive has gone to pot, and I wouldn't be able to.

I WOULD however LOVE to see the appearance Dr. Feel, Elmo and Big Bird made on Dr. Phil a couple of months before the Season 35 premiere.

As for Steve performing other characters, in EIG, he played Stuckweed, using the exact same speaking and singing voice for that character as he did for Jack Rabbit in KSY.

Admittedly, Steve's characters on SST outside of Ernie do seem to be a bit few and far between, but they exist.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was just watching "Love the Ocean"... that sounded like Steve playing Lil' Fish Dude

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I remember that sketch

I was just watching "Love the Ocean"... that sounded like Steve playing Lil' Fish Dude
Yeah, I remember that sketch. That was from Season 21 (1989-1990). That was before Steve Whitmire took over Kermit the Frog and Ernie for Season 22 (1990-1991) of Sesame Street. That was when Jim Henson died. I still love Steve Whitmire.:cool:

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Actually Steve didn't perform any SS work untill 1993.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wasn't aware that bit was as old as it was (I thought it was mid-90s at best).

My guess then would be that was David playing Lil' Fish Dude... some of David's voices surprisingly sound similar to Steve's - didn't anyone besides me thought the way David delivered Peter Crachitt's line "I think he's walked a little slower these past few evenings" sound a LOT like Steve's Kermit?