Sterling: Muppet Fan Party Wed. at the Regal

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Get that turkey stuffed and then join Muppet Central member DianaM for a Muppet Movie Fan Party!

When: Wednesday, November 23 at 8:55PM
Where: Regal Countryside 20
45980 Regal Plaza
Sterling, VA 20165
Diana will share more details about the event here so be sure and post and tell her you're going to join her!

DianaM

Reaction score
Sterling is just outside the beltway of the DC Metro area, close to Herndon, Reston, Great Falls, Tysons Corner, Ashburn, etc.

SO excited to see this and would love to share the experience with other Muppetational fans! I actually just saw "Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey" last night with a Muppet kindred spirit, and the experience was almost spiritual for us. :laugh:

There's an Irish pub within walking distance of the theater: O'Faolain's Irish Pub, 20921 Davenport Dr, Sterling, VA 20165. If you'd like to meet up earlier and share a drink and fond Muppet memories, my husband and I will be happy to meet up as early as 5:30 p.m. We might be game for sharing a drink after the movie too, depending on what works best for others interested.

I think he'll be wearing a black "Kermit Unpigged" t-shirt and I'll be wearing a green shirt with Kermit's face on the front. I'll also be sporting my Electric Mayhem tote bag.

Reply here or you can also contact me via e-mail: dianaforbes1 AT gmail DOT com.

Thanks, all!

beeker101

Reaction score
Hi Diana! I read your post & I'm a fellow-hoster and Muppet fan who was looking for ideas for my upcoming movie hosting event. But, when I got to the end of your posting I had to ask...."Where did you get your Electric Mayhem tote bag??" I'd love to see what it looks like or know where to get myself one. I actually work in the dental field so I'm crazy about anything involving Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem Band---can you picture that? :big_grin:

DianaM

Reaction score
Hi beeker101!

LOVE that song! Even Santa Claus believes in you, man. Gotta love it.

I got the tote bag in 2009 at Walt Disney World in the Disney MGM Studios park in the gift shop for the Muppet 3D show. That and the Kermit shirt were my rewards for running my first marathon there at Disney that week.

I'm not seeing any images of the tote bag online, so I'll take a picture tomorrow and post the link here.

Thanks for writing and connecting with me here!

beeker101

Reaction score
Love that bag!! And guess what? No kidding, I was just at WDW Hollywood Studios a few weeks ago and I saw Muppets 3D & went in the store..bummer..next time I'll look for it even though merchandise may have changed. We're hoping to go back in the spring for the flower & garden festival. I'll check back then. Thanks for your help!