Steiff Wocka Wocka

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Good find muppetperson.

He looks absolutely adorable.

As long as the final product looks like this I will be getting one.

As the description says.....

Steiff's version of Fozzie was developed in very close partnership with Walt Disney Studios. It took months of collaboration between the two parties to get a perfect Fozzie - but we're sure you'll agree that the attention to detail was worth it. Steiff Fozzie Bear EAN 681707 is made from an orange/brown mohair and wears his signature hat and pink polka-dot scarf. He features many hand airbrushed accents.

What a shame Disney didnt put such strict rules on the production of Kermit.............who I dont own and dont intend to.

Doesnt say when this one is due to be released though?

Chris

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This looks wonderful! It's too steep for me, but justifyable for the type of collectors' product. If I had lots of money - this would be on my list. :embarrassed:

I can no longer make fun at the Steiff plushes. While their Kermit wasn't as horrible as their initial photo, it still isn't up to this beautiful standard set by Fozzie. The eye placement, head shape, hat...legs, all of it really do shine with authenticity. I'd like to see what they'd do with Gonzo, Piggy, Beaker and Animal.

Gets my entusiastic approval!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Doesnt say when this one is due to be released though?

Chris
No idea, yet.Although, if History is any guide, kermit was announced in january and he didnt arrive till a few days before
Christmas.Steiff is clossed till Jan 10.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
now this seems worth it to me, i may be getting this even if he is the same size as the MR kermit i think they would look great side by side...gonna put a deposite with my bday money and time to save up

muppetperson

Reaction score
now this seems worth it to me, i may be getting this even if he is the same size as the MR kermit i think they would look great side by side...gonna put a deposite with my bday money and time to save up
He is only 13 inches tall.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Has anyone actually bought the Kermit plush, does he look as bad for real as he does in the pictures? I actually think that the Kermit prototype looks better than the final product, although I have never seen him for real!

Problem is, if I buy Fozzie, do I need to buy Kermit too?

I believe Steiff have announced they are making Miss Piggy too, so hopefully if they are popular they may add more, Gonzo and Animal would be great, and judging by Fozzies standard Rowlf would be great too.

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have the Kermit steiff and he is as bad as he is in the picture! I bought him because I thought it was rare that a Teddy "Bear" manufactuer branched off into making a frog, so it was more a historical point of buying him, than what he turned out like.There have been worse Kermit's put out on the market, but I expected better from Steiff.Should you buy Kermit? Well, it would be nice to display as a set, but if you wait, he may come down in price to justify buying him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This looks wonderful! It's too steep for me, but justifyable for the type of collectors' product. If I had lots of money - this would be on my list. :embarrassed:

I can no longer make fun at the Steiff plushes. While their Kermit wasn't as horrible as their initial photo, it still isn't up to this beautiful standard set by Fozzie. The eye placement, head shape, hat...legs, all of it really do shine with authenticity. I'd like to see what they'd do with Gonzo, Piggy, Beaker and Animal.

Gets my entusiastic approval!
That's what confuses me. They had such an off likeness of Kermit, but an almost dead on Fozzie (colors are a bit lighter and his legs seem kinda small, but other than that...). Not that I of course could ever manage to buy such a thing (barely was able to get the Gonzo and Animal Pookalooz on sale... got the other 2 for Christmas), but this does seem like a nice high end collectible).