Statler & Waldorf spotted in comercial

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I just saw the last part of a comercial on a german tv station for "Sparkasse Deutschland", a german bank. Where Statler & Waldorf were sitting in their box and talked together.
I'll try to see if I can catch it again, so I can come with some more details.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Muppet DK,

Was it a new filmed peice ?

Or taken from something else ?

see ya

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I don't really know that, thats way I'am only watching german channels right now to see if I can catch it in it's full lenght. I will post it right away as soon as I see it again.
It's going to be a bit hard to say if it's new or old, mainly because they speak german, but I will give it a try.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
This time I was ready, and my video recorder was also ready:smile: .
After looking at it again and again, I have reach the conclusion that it's not new, I think it may be a clip from the muppet show. The reason are the way the puppets look and the angel are typical for TMS and the box it self looks very much like the box on TMS and not at all as the box from the weezer video.

I'am a bit disapointed now, I was hoping it was new :smirk:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,

Could you post screen grabs or upload it to the Internet ?

What are Statler and Waldorf doing in the Commercial ?

see ya

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Sorry but I can make screen graps from my VCR.
Well basicly they were just sitting in their box and talking.

The only channel I've seen it on was the german music channel VIVA.

My german are not that good, but I'll try to make a transscript of it. But that will happend after I get some sleep, I'am to tierd to do it now.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I've been trying to translate this most of the day. But it's hard for me to do first it have to be translated from german to Danish, then from danish to english :stick_out_tongue:
The biggest problem I've got with this is I have troubble hearing exactly what Statler is saying, so I won't post the conversation here. And becuase I can't make screengraps of it I decided to make an mp3 with the audio (and hope there are one that can translate it into english :wink: )
The first voice you hear are Statler, the other one are Waldorf. After the first conversation the screen fades to red with with the same txt as the speaker says. Then back to Statler and waldorf. And finally fade to red and the logo while the are yelling "sparkasse"
The first part of the conversation are not on it. It starts of with waldorf mention something about young people today.

The first URl did not work try this one insteed http://hjem.get2net.dk/ddc/waldorfandstatler(german).mp3

Whatever

Reaction score
I can't really hear what they are saying. But it is an ad for a Sparkasse, a savings bank. It said something about the "concert of life" in the ad part. But I can't understand Statler and Waldorf at all. Rats!

Fighbird

Reaction score
Well, I've tried to make a translation of it the best I could (German is not my native tongue), and I think it came pretty close. Enjoy!

----

Statler: "- I didn't even know, that I was looking for it!"

Waldorf: "Bah, I mean, they issue them a credit card, even before they learn how to write properly!"

Statler: "So that's why you haven't got one yet!"

(Laughter)

Waldorf:
"Hardly in the" - something, something (seems clipped) and then - "big cars and expensive clothes! You've[/I] only ever experienced an expensive girlfriend!"

(Laughter)

Statler:
"Hmm?"

Speaker: "More money for life. The 'Sparkassen Erfolgs-Plan', the financing concept for the individual."

Waldorf: "We didn't have that in the old days!"

Statler: "Too bad, huh?"

(Laughter)

???:
"He he he he!"

(seems clipped again here)

???: "... too late!"

Waldorf: "When it's about money -"

Both: "Sparkasse!"