1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by jgriffee, Feb 25, 2005.

1. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

exactly lol;)
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Don't forget about the whole Muppets Ahoy! show--with Victor and Drew on that cruise the From The Balcony segments may be hindered.

Of course, with Vic & Drew working a different kind of show, I can't see why not to bring back Steve and Dave. However, I had heard other people performing the characters when I was in Los Angeles and I'm game if they could step up.

Still, Jim Henson thought enough of his puppeteers to hire them and I don't want to see their jobs gone--I dunno. I want to see some new shows and the characters in their peak performances again. The closest by far has been the VMX film on NBC a few years back and I'm afraid Diz is going to stick The Muppets with a stereotype that they are only good for Holiday shows and films, or parodies of other stories.

I want to see The Muppets doing what they do best--being themselves!!
  3. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

There's irony for you--FtB may have stopped because the puppeteers were busy with other projects...even though they're not the official performers anyway!

I agree, Kev: though it had its faults, VMC is the most satisfying of the recent projects. It had a very "classic Muppet" feel to it (parts of it, anyway). I would put Weezer's "Gone Fishin'" in the same category. Even though Weezer didn't like it themselves, I thought it was good for a Muppet production.
  4. Fozzie Bear

I've never seen the Weezer video correctly. I need to search it out when I'm at work and can use a good computer.
  5. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Hey Kev! Check out my favorite videos on my MySpace. I've got it saved in there. It's pretty neat! Though I didn't know that Weezer wasn't happy with it, that's wierd!

:)
    Anthony
  6. Fozzie Bear

So, anybody besides me miss the "From The Balcony?"
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that Weezer didn't like it? And if so, why did they do it? Any ideas?
  8. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Aww, I was hoping a new post meant they were back with new episodes. Oh well.
  9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Me too actually...although I missed a whole bunch of the last episodes...
  10. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Yeah, I miss it as well.
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

12. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Well, I guess you didn't miss it if you didn't even know it was gone! ;)

I miss having new Muppet product to look at. But not FtB specifically, or as I like to call it, Disney's Cheap Cynical Knockoff Starring Two Unidentifiable Old Guys!

Hopefully something will come of this TV pilot...
  13. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Someone on TP rented a Weezer DVD with all their music videos on it, along with audio commentary by the group. The person who rented it was hoping that Weezer would have something nice to say about them, or at least modestly polite. Instead, Weezer ripped into the Muppets, saying how "lame" and "gay" it was to have to shoot this video. (I think they actually used those words, though someone who knows more could prove me wrong.)

I've never heard an explanation of why they did it, but my hunch is that the Muppets' owners at that time (EM.TV, I think?) became corporate bedfellows with whatever record company owns Weezer. In other words, they had to do it.

But I would much rather have, say, Kermit singing with Kylie Minogue (sp?) and Kylie saying that it's a fulfillment of a lifelong dream to work with them. If Weezer considers themselves "too cool" for the Muppets, I say good riddance to them.
  14. Stix

Stix Member

The videos are still there, I've only recently discovered FTB, and have been watching from the beginning.
  15. Stix

Stix Member

I'd post the link but I can't until I've made at least 10 posts.
  16. Stix

Stix Member

One more post to go...
  17. Stix

Stix Member

18. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Thanks Stix, and welcome to the forums!
  19. Stix

Stix Member

Thanks! Here's a quick question; does anybody know if it's possible to download these videos onto my pc? I'd really like to watch them all on a DVD!
    I found a link to mp3s of the audio from each episode:
    http://mefeedia.com/feeds/1256/?page=1
  20. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

There's a podcast of it, but it has no episodes in it. In case that hadn't already been reported.

EDIT: Oh! Actually the podcast does have episodes. They're not new though