Star Wars

McFraggle

Reaction score
Did the Creature Shop build the original Yoda and Jabba the Hut used in the original trilogy?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
As far as I know, they did not--I'm pretty sure it was all internal to Lucasfilm.

jediX

Reaction score
Yea, I think that too. I think they get associated mainly because Frank Oz is Yoda and he is mostly associated with Henson, which is associated with the Creature Shop.

On a side note, when :was: the Creature Shop founded, anyway? I don't think it was even around when Empire was being filmed.

McFraggle

Reaction score
That is the main reason I made the connection was because of Frank.

jediX

Reaction score
I did a little research and found out the Creature Shop was founded in 1979, the year that Empire was being filmed. I have to agree with Andy that LFL did the work independently, even though LFL collaborated with Henson on Labyrinth. I'm not sure why LFL would have turned to the Creature Shop when they had their own creature/special effects facility.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
jediX said:
On a side note, when :was: the Creature Shop founded, anyway? I don't think it was even around when Empire was being filmed.
I always thought it was created for The Dark Crystal--that's an assumption, though, and not in any way based on any actual knowledge.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
jediX said:
I did a little research and found out the Creature Shop was founded in 1979, the year that Empire was being filmed.
Oh--neat. Do you know why it was founded?

jediX

Reaction score
Nope. The Creature Shop's website is the definition of 'vague.' I found it in some quick description on Yahoo.

McFraggle

Reaction score
jediX said:
I'm not sure why LFL would have turned to the Creature Shop when they had their own creature/special effects facility.
I agree, that doesn't make much sense.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
:wink: Hiya. My scary Star Wars puppet(s)are:
1) the Rancor,was 7 at the time & didn't realize it was just a puppet,eating the guard & closeup of it when it almost eats Luke.
2)Yoda only when he is serious."Master Yoda,I'm not afraid.You will be,you will be." :crazy:
3)The pig guards(at the time) in ROTJ in Jabba's Palace.
4)Jabba,when its licking Princess Leia with his tongue,::slerbert:: :stick_out_tongue: & eating the frogs.

I love Salacious Crumb though,very slick(when he watches Jabba's tail too).