Star Wars & Muppets

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
If the Muppet Show was still on today, do you think the new batch of Star Wars stars (Nat Portman, Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christiansen) would be willing to mock themselves as well as Mark Hamill did when he was a guest? I think that would make a really fun episode. Either, we'd get to see them all acting much looser than they did in the movies since they wouldn't be saddled with Lucas' trite dialogue, OR (possibly even funnier) they could over-emphasize the stiffness of the films, creating a funny juxtaposition with the wackiness of the muppets. Picture Natalie Portman acting as the regal queen from Phantom Menace while trying to discuss something with Gonzo or Animal!

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Or better Yet, Piggy hiiting of Hayden Christianson, Dressing up as Padme, and looking Portman in her dressing room!

LadyHyde

Reaction score
I've had an idea for a fanscript with Ewan in it..... I might post it someday.....

:flirt: Mmmmm, Ewan:flirt:

CousinLuke

Reaction score
This is one of the most wonderful ideas. Now, would the actors be the STAR WARS charaters (like on TMS) or themselves (also like TMS). If they were the STAR WARS charaters, how would that fit in the STAR WARS timeline? I think that Yoda should guest star on the new muppet show. That would be hilarious.

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
Ah, and would Yoda be CGI or muppet? It would be hilarious to see a CGI Yoda battling a CGI Piggy, but I doubt we’ll be that lucky!

I think the actors should play their characters, but they should overplay them, particularly Amidala. She was pretty wooden in The Phantom Menace, and Portman should really emphasize that to an extreme to create a contrast to the muppets. Ewan McGregor, though, should not be in character. He should be the streetsmart, foul-mouthed actor that he is in real life—it would create another funny contrast with Hayden’s Anakin. Gonzo, of course, would take the role of Sidious, walking around with a hood over his head. His nose would stick out, so we’d all know who he is, but he would THINK he’s being so secretive.