Star Trek

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think Troi's hair was sometimes twice as big as that little number!

To be fair though, the men wore it too - although only extras in the background. I think they referred to it as a "skant" or something (skirt/pant). It was supposed to be a unisex thing, but it got completely dropped after the first season because it was so silly.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Plus, they're on a starship in the future. Those kinds of clothes just don't work!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Going back to dropping teh Science Officer, would you guys really want to get rid of Geordi? How could you, he's my favorite, well, after Data and Crusher.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I love Geordi! :flirt: But isn't he the Chief Engineer? :confused:
Erin
Yup, Chief Engineer he is. I just rewatched "Relics," where he spends a wee bit o' time with Scotty, and his engineer-status is right there at the heart of the episode...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Yup, Chief Engineer he is. I just rewatched "Relics," where he spends a wee bit o' time with Scotty, and his engineer-status is right there at the heart of the episode...
I ***love*** that episode. I remember when I first saw it, and we were taping TNG every week at the time; my brother and I watched that over and over. "No bloody A, B, C, or D!!" :attitude: ***Such*** a great episode; one of my favorites in the whole series.
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh! I thought he was science officer.

Who is the science officer in Enterprise? Is it T'Pol? I thought she was sub-commander.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I ***love*** that episode. I remember when I first saw it, and we were taping TNG every week at the time; my brother and I watched that over and over. "No bloody A, B, C, or D!!" :attitude: ***Such*** a great episode; one of my favorites in the whole series.
Erin
I know, it's simply brilliant. Really nice character work throughout. It's up there in my top few as well, along with "All Good Things" (the finale) and "Parallels" (the one where Worf jumps between quantum realities--I have a real soft spot for that kind of story).

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Oh! I thought he was science officer.

Who is the science officer in Enterprise? Is it T'Pol? I thought she was sub-commander.
On Enterprise, T'Pol is the science officer and first officer, much like Spock on the original show. As for TNG, I think Data was the science officer. He was also third in command after Riker.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I know, it's simply brilliant. Really nice character work throughout. It's up there in my top few as well, along with "All Good Things" (the finale) and "Parallels" (the one where Worf jumps between quantum realities--I have a real soft spot for that kind of story).
All my favorites are really focused on a particular character or two, like the one where Riker was in this alternate reality where he had a son, or the one where Picard wound up growin old on that planet and then coming back, or the one where Troi had the star-child. There were so many good episodes... And anything with the holodeck was groovy. :cool:
Erin